Offseason Discussion

deuces22wild

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

Hopefully. But he kept Freeman on the bench to ride an old af Stephen Jackson when he was in Atlanta.

Freeman was I believe a 3rd pick, not 7 overall.  Im assuming the entire regime would be in agreement ranking Saquon that high.  They all need each other at this point, another bad season and they are all gone good bye

7 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Hopefully. But he kept Freeman on the bench to ride an old af Stephen Jackson when he was in Atlanta.

Freeman was not that talent that Barkley was coming out though. Freeman eventually developed into a marquise RB, but he wasn't though to be that coming out... 

If we landed barley he would be the starter. The higher-ups than Koetter would make that call. He's an elite talent that sells tickets and merch. 

I'd still expect barber to get 3rd down looks though to begin for the pass protection...

22 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I think it's more "We drafted him in hopes that he would be starting on the outside and eventually be our number one. But he's struggled. We moved him to the slot and he's awesome at that, so we'll keep him there for the time being."

That's what I took from the comments as well. That they have no intentions of moving on from him and are comfortable with him in the slot right now.

Doesn't mean that he can't be moved to the outside if needed, but they saw his value in the slot...

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

I'm okay with going RB  in the draft as a priority.  There are some quality options available.  Licht will go pretty early because he can't afford to miss last season looking at the current depth chart.

I think RB will be addressed before the 4th round. Weather we use a 1st or 2nd or Licht makes a move into the 3rd which I think is what will happen.

2 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Not sure what lineman said that, but I'm sure they're just scared of change lol. It's one of the easier flips on the O-line. You see guys interchange these spots all the time during the season due to injuries...

If Marpet can make the jump from OG to C (a much more difficult move) I don' think he'll have an issue. I actually think he's better suited for the LG spot anyway given his ability to pass-protect for a right handed QB...

It was Josh sitton who said that. Honestly Marpet has played LT in college and RG and C in the NFL. I think he’ll have a smooth transition to LG. Also should benefit Donovan Smiths play with how close he and Ali are. Smith Marpet and Jensen should looks nasty on paper. Probably draft a G later in the draft to compete with Sweezy and Benenoch.

7 minutes ago, What_The_Buc said:

I think RB will be addressed before the 4th round. Weather we use a 1st or 2nd or Licht makes a move into the 3rd which I think is what will happen.

Agreed, the depth chart is barren.  Barber is a nice rotation guy.  They don't have a RB who can really run away from anyone.  Im still not buying Saquon going in the top 4.

Just now, ravishingone said:

Agreed, the depth chart is barren.  Barber is a nice rotation guy.  They don't have a RB who can really run away from anyone.  Im still not buying Saquon going in the top 4.

I’m not sold on Barkley as most. I would rather take one of the guys from the pack. Guice, Penny, Michele, Chubb.

i think I’m set that I want Derwin James in the 1st weather we trade down or stay at 7. My number two would be Nelson followed by Chubb. I’m excited for the draft. I wish they didn’t break it up into 3 seperate days.

15 minutes ago, What_The_Buc said:

I’m excited for the draft. I wish they didn’t break it up into 3 seperate days.

Same. I liked wasting an entire weekend doing nothing but watching the draft.

I'm sure teams like it though. They get a chance to reset their boards and make more calls for trades.

Archived