Offseason Discussion

deuces22wild

We've shuffled the oline around countless times to accommodate Sweezy at RG. Gotta imagine he's in our plans.

I'd guess our starting line will be

D Smith-Marpet-Jensen-Sweezy-Dotson

With E Smith, Benenoch, and Wester as our reserves.

We've spent a lot of time developing Benenoch and Wester and we didn't bring E Smith back just to cut him.

The only way I see that changing is if Nelson falls to seven.

6 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Man that's annoying. I expect a lot of Quizz and Barber to start the year, even if we take a RB early.

I’m really wondering if Drik is planning to work Barber more than most think. 2/3 of the season was over before he finally started getting work in but when he did he was on a 1,100 yard rushing pace. Small sample size but he knows what he’s getting with Barber. Sounds like Dirk doesn’t like giving the rock to young guys.

2 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

A RB who can’t pick up the blitz can give the defender a free shot to T off on the Qb. I can’t blame koetter for that. 

I get it too. But using that rationale to keep Dougie on the field when literally every other RB on the roster is being more productive is frustrating.

1 minute ago, deuces22wild said:

The heck does this mean? VH was drafted in the first so that’s why he’s going to be playing outside.

I think it's more "We drafted him in hopes that he would be starting on the outside and eventually be our number one. But he's struggled. We moved him to the slot and he's awesome at that, so we'll keep him there for the time being."

Archived