Offseason Discussion

deuces22wild

I Honestly wonder how koetter and licht approach qb this offseason , draft and FA. They don’t have any information on Winston’s saga. If he’s found guilty and serves 6 games he should no longer be a buccaneer. 

I would prepare for that situation better than Mike Glennon. 

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

I dont think it will.  Fear of losing one s job will take precedence, IMO. I think by the start of free agency, they 'll know where they stand with Grimes.

I think it’s best to let a guy go a year early than a year too late. At his age, the injuries started creeping up last year. Although he still played well, it’s on a year to year basis for Grimes at this stage. 

1 minute ago, REDandPEWTER said:

I think it’s best to let a guy go a year early than a year too late. At his age, the injuries started creeping up last year. Although he still played well, it’s on a year to year basis for Grimes at this stage. 

I agree with you, I'm kind of hoping Grimes takes the decision out of their hands and retires.  He s had injuries in his career, and if he was thinking about it before last season, I doubt anything has changed.  Seems like a good guy, I'm sure he will give them an answer by free agency.

48 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I dont think it will.  Fear of losing one s job will take precedence, IMO. I think by the start of free agency, they 'll know where they stand with Grimes.

Koetter has shown guys loyalty to a fault. I'm worried it may continue. We'll see.

Yeah I’m a fan of the Honey Badger. I’m concerned of his injury history and how it may affect him going forward. But if we can get the right deal and sign a quality 3rd safety or draft one I’m for it. 

When healthy he’s a playmaker and he’s put his past behind him. 

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

If he becomes a FA, you can pretty much pencil him in here. Then we fill the void at safety and nickel CB at the same time.

Please, oh please, let him go.

Considering Wilks comes from the Ron Rivera tree I cant remember the Cats spending significant money for a safety.

Archived