Offseason Discussion

deuces22wild

33 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I'm a big fan of Johnson, as I've seen 1st hand what he can do against even the big WR's. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Fuller isn't on my radar, as I was a big fan of his coming out of VATech, bu he progressively got worse instead of vice versa over his short career until his contract year last year...

Maybe that's just the kick in the pants he needed going forward, but that is always an alarming thing...

He was great the beginning of his rookie year and all last year. He was pretty bad between those stretches. It all depends on what player you think you're gonna get.

36 minutes ago, indifference said:

What are the chances of him actually getting cut though? Around what date is AZ expected to make a decision on his future. We can’t be waiting for a fantasy when FA opens up. 

If they're at least entertaining the idea, it's only a matter of time. 

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Not sure how you think Johnson is overrated, but are high on Fuller...

The guy had exactly 1 productive year and it happened to come in a contract year. Before that he was a cut candidate heading into last year...

ProFootballFocus did a good article on Tru and other players who could be overpaid this free agency. You can make the case that while Tru was good, he by no means deserves the $15 mil he is about to get and was possibly the liability in the Rams defense. Just cuz the dude got the franchise tag two years in a row doesn’t make him a player of that caliber.

3 hours ago, Lil' Shorty said:

ProFootballFocus did a good article on Tru and other players who could be overpaid this free agency. You can make the case that while Tru was good, he by no means deserves the $15 mil he is about to get and was possibly the liability in the Rams defense. Just cuz the dude got the franchise tag two years in a row doesn’t make him a player of that caliber.

He played through a leg injury in 2017 which led to a drop in his play. Before that he was an outstanding cover corner...

Believe me, as a former Rams fan who watched him all the way through 2016 he was anything but a liability...

He's going to get overpaid just like 90% of the top tier FAs on a class do. It's just the nature of the business. The level of consistency and play though between Fuller and Johnson has been significant...

Guess it just depends on whether we focus on getting a top tier CB like a Johnson or Talib vs. A tier or two below like a Fuller or Gaines...

5 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

We all talk about FA , improving the defense, and LG position. But none of this means anything if Jameis Winston doesn’t take the next step. 

Well, sure. But Jameis has nothing to do with free agency.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Well, sure. But Jameis has nothing to do with free agency.

He may. His struggles, pending result of the investigation is very puzzling as well. Agents may say Tampa could be toxic this year if winston is suspended after the draft and the Bucs don’t get themselves a secure back up option. 

Archived