Offseason Discussion

deuces22wild

I think the Bucs will have interest in Sitton and Norwell. LG is definitely a need. 

Another guy that’s intriguing is Zach Fulton. G/C from Kansas City. Their line was quite good this year. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s a target. 

It might be tough to drop 12 million on Norwell when we want to lock up marpet, Smith , Brate, and kwon soon. And even mike Evans. 

We wont touch Jameis I think until year four or five. He still has to earn it. 

We need to make a run at Mo Wilkerson. He can do 3-4 or 4-3 and would be a big upgrade beside McCoy. He’ll be 29 this year but still a highly productive player. Shouldn’t stop us from drafting a DT if that’s BPA either. I’d actually recommend it.

If we somehow sign Honey Badger (I think we’ll be a leading candidate if he is released) and Talib I think that’s a nice vet haul for our defense.

2 hours ago, Lil' Shorty said:

We need to make a run at Mo Wilkerson. He can do 3-4 or 4-3 and would be a big upgrade beside McCoy. He’ll be 29 this year but still a highly productive player. Shouldn’t stop us from drafting a DT if that’s BPA either. I’d actually recommend it.

If we somehow sign Honey Badger (I think we’ll be a leading candidate if he is released) and Talib I think that’s a nice vet haul for our defense.

I don't know that Mo is actually an upgrade. He used to be a badass, and one of the best at his position. But he's been garbage since he got paid.

Did he peak really early? Did he cash in and quit? Is he really not that good? I'm really worried about him going forward. I'd offer him a low-ish contract. But I'm not trying to win his services in free agency

3 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Marcus Peters? Nah.

Robert Quinn? Nah.

Our two biggest holes were available for more than reasonable draft picks and we just watched.

yea i didn't care much about marcus peters but damn robert quinn would have been a nice addition.  We seriously could have did something nice in the draft and not have been so dependant on drafting an edge rusher...    Its crazy.

11 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Marcus Peters? Nah.

Robert Quinn? Nah.

Our two biggest holes were available for more than reasonable draft picks and we just watched.

Like said above. Don’t care we missed on peters. He wanted to go west anyways. 

Quinn? That’s a different story. If we’re making trades it should be for a pass rusher Bc that’s our biggest need that will benefit the back end. Why Jason Licht wasn’t all over this? He should be proactive calling teams instead of waiting to be called. 

2 hours ago, deuces22wild said:

I'm not sure why we don't toss the Hawks something really late so we can put Bennett beside McCoy again. Same with Talib. These guys are older but there's two years left of production for sure. Be huge to add their edge to the def group.

If Quinn who’s what 27 went for 6th rounder, Bennett can’t cost much more. I agree. 

Although I don’t want the distractions socially that Bennett will bring. 

Yeah it looks to me Quinn was a salary dump with everyone else the rams have to pay. They didn’t want to keep him in conference. 

Glad the Bucs were interested. But I agree there. 

This could hurt us acquiring Bennett as Seattle May ship him to the afc as well. 

I was thinking about this, how often do teams trade players within the same conference?  The last one I could remember was Donovan McNabb from Philly to Wash.  If the Bucs had to give a 3rd rounder for Quinn, I' m not sure.  That pick has been used to acquire Sims, Marpet and Beckwith.  Oh yeah, also Aguayo.  ?  Licht has shown a history of using his 3rd round pick to trade up and get a prospect he really likes.

Archived