Offseason Discussion

deuces22wild

2 hours ago, deuces22wild said:

Money talks. Oodles of cap space to sign a few guys. Warm weather. Studs in Jackson, Evans, Kwon, David, McCoy and big upside guys in Winston and Howard already on the team.

I know you say money talks. Thinking of those variables: does it just talk to the guys who want to get paid and cash out once they sign that guaranteed contract? 

1 hour ago, deuces22wild said:

Nope.

Dashing goldson 

Anthony collins

michael Johnson’s 

bruce carter 

chris baker 

desean Jackson 

evan Smith 

i guess we can factor in doug martin too. 

Thats a lot of money to guys who have done nothing here. 

Clinton McDonald Vincent Jackson and Brent Grimes have really been the hits ROI. 

2 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Dashing goldson 

Anthony collins

michael Johnson’s 

bruce carter 

chris baker 

desean Jackson 

evan Smith 

i guess we can factor in doug martin too. 

Thats a lot of money to guys who have done nothing here. 

Clinton McDonald Vincent Jackson and Brent Grimes have really been the hits ROI. 

Well if that's your thinking then I guess we better just sign a few hungry practice squad players and call it a day.

Goldson was never the same after he left SF. Tons of people thought he was a product of this system and teams. Watching him play I never thought he tapped out right after he was brought in.

Baker was a known slug was he not? If so that's on the front office not him.

Really... Jackson never showed up after signing his deal... He was oh I don't know three or four touchdown short going into week five because Winston couldn't hit the water throwing into the ocean. He make tons of tough catches on the sidelines and he's not know for that. I know you never wanted him years ago when rumbling first came out because you thought he was a gang banger. Not sure how he upset you with his play this year.

Carter and Smith are both scrubs.

I wanted Martin gone four years ago.

With all of these guys killing our cap over the years and bringing down our locker room I'm with you... practice squad it is! 

Bears assigned the transition tag to CB Kyle Fuller. The tag is worth $12.971 million, providing $2 million in savings from the franchise tag. It's not exclusive, but gives the Bears the right of first refusal should Fuller sign an offer sheet elsewhere. With plenty of cap space, the Bears will almost certainly be matching any offer Fuller gets.

We can go ahead and cross him off the list now. It would take just as much to land him as any FA CB on the market...

17 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

We can go ahead and cross him off the list now. It would take just as much to land him as any FA CB on the market...

On fuller: had a great rookie year and then contract year. Doesn’t that sound like someone we just released? I like his talent but man when it comes to free agency, it’s difficult to find the guys that won’t just take the money in cash out like martin and swaggy bakers of the world. 

Apparently Sherman had clean up surgery on his right Achilles after the left one. I might stay away from this one. He’s got s long road to recover at his age. 

If he’s cleared 100% by July, then maybe I’d take a flyer but I may say go with a younger guy who’s healthier. 

Archived