Offseason Discussion

deuces22wild

6 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Fingers crossed. The more QBs taken before us, the better.

I'm still not sure what Indy will do.  I think one of the more under reported stories is Luck.  As of end of January, he is regaining strength and close to throwing.  Over a year for rehab,  I hope he comes back, but this is unprecedented, IMO.  I really hope a trade back with Arizona.  My ideal draft right now trade back with Arizona grab best defensive player and two 2nd round picks- Chubb and Shephard.

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

I was thinking about this, how often do teams trade players within the same conference?  The last one I could remember was Donovan McNabb from Philly to Wash.  If the Bucs had to give a 3rd rounder for Quinn, I' m not sure.  That pick has been used to acquire Sims, Marpet and Beckwith.  Oh yeah, also Aguayo.  ?  Licht has shown a history of using his 3rd round pick to trade up and get a prospect he really likes.

Yeah most of the patterns are teams trading guys out of conference. My thought was licht engaged and offered a 4th and the rams shopped around to see if an AFC team would budge and did. 

I think he most recent in conference trade that happened was Bradford to the Vikings for a first but the eagles wanted to recoup the pick they lost to trade up for wentz. 

Just now, REDandPEWTER said:

Giving up most of your high draft picks for one guy. 

Robert Griffin and Ricky Williams trades to name a few. 

Julio Jones and Carson Wentz look like good moves. 

Not saying it had to happen but we going to go another ten years with a legit rusher? When’s enough enough?

7 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

Julio Jones and Carson Wentz look like good moves. 

Not saying it had to happen but we going to go another ten years with a legit rusher? When’s enough enough?

We’re not one player away nor are we looking for a qb. 

And the Julio Jones trade did set the falcons back a couple years. 

Archived