Offseason Discussion

deuces22wild

38 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Hmmmm??

I wouldn't mind sherman...   even coming off the injury i think he will be fine and despite the talk I think he is a good teammate and locker room guy just passionate and wants to win.

1 minute ago, sryan66611 said:

I wouldn't mind sherman...   even coming off the injury i think he will be fine and despite the talk I think he is a good teammate and locker room guy just passionate and wants to win.

The medical is the key, not all Achilles tears are the same.  The Eagles drafted Sidney Jones in the 2nd round when he tore his Achilles at Washington s pro day,  There have been rumblings the organization hasn't spoken to Grimes about a contract, so this rumor makes some sense.

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

The medical is the key, not all Achilles tears are the same.  The Eagles drafted Sidney Jones in the 2nd round when he tore his Achilles at Washington s pro day,  There have been rumblings the organization hasn't spoken to Grimes about a contract, so this rumor makes some sense.

Yea thats the only iffy part but honestly Sherman with a bum achilles is better than all our cb's   :D

48 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

Sherman has that type of juice the def room needs. 29 years old I’d be interested for sure. 

IiRC, the Bucs were willing to trade a 1st and pay Revis top CB pay coming off an ACL.  I'm pretty sure it was a 6 year deal worth 16 million year.  The contract gave Revis top dollar for the season and if healthy maintain top yearly salary.  The genius of Mike Greenberg.  So the template has been set for Sherman possibly.  No need to rehash the rest of the Bucs and Revis.  ?

13 hours ago, deuces22wild said:

Sherman has that type of juice the def room needs. 29 years old I’d be interested for sure. 

FOr once I agree with you. But health needs to be there. They did say he had a second clean up surgery on his other Achilles. So that’s a bit of a concern. 

But no doubt he brings juice to a locker room. He’s one of my favorite players. 

NFL draft insider Tony Pauline says "belief" around the league is free agent OG Andrew Norwell signing with the Giants is "a done deal."

Damn. I'd been pimping him for a long time now. Would have been a perfect fit here.

Should have seen this coming though once they hired Gettleman as the GM in NYG, as he's the one who gave Norwell a shot...

If we get Sherman I will be happy as hell. Guy can flat out ball and has that fiery attitude we lack on defense especially in the secondary. Will help us out vs Julio Jones too who has been a Bucs killer since entering the league. Licht signs Sherman we win FA hands down. 

Sherman, Sitton, and a player like Okafor and we go in the draft sitting pretty. 

26 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Damn. I'd been pimping him for a long time now. Would have been a perfect fit here.

Should have seen this coming though once they hired Gettleman as the GM in NYG, as he's the one who gave Norwell a shot...

Bucs can get Josh Sitton who still has some left in the tank. Won’t cost the Bucs as much and still a good player inside. 

Archived