Offseason Discussion

deuces22wild

10 minutes ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

Had zero interest in Bennett. Dude's nowhere near good enough anymore to be worth the headache. 

He's still better than anything we have on the roster currently...

I would have put up with him for the right price. he's still productive when healthy...

No clue which thread this should go in but thinking about it more I would like a complete def rebuild. Talk around here the last few years about changing over to a 3-4. With McCoy potentially being on the move, the Ford for Jackson rumblings, Buckner running the line coming from the 3-4... it's go time! Everyone runs a 4-3 base in our division, it would be nice to give these teams a different look. Between the draft and FA there would be no issue finding interior help. Gholston is best suited play the end in a three man front and Spence rushing standing up. Bring on Ford or maybe draft Davenport and I think the only guy out of place would be David. David is a monster but he's not the type of player a def is built around.     

50 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

He’s a run defender on a huge salary, no? We don’t need another Will Gholston.

Rumor is he was playing with an MCL injury, he is a better pass rusher then Gholston.  I view all these DEs the same as hoping to cash a lottery ticket for next season.  Quinn has been injured 2 of the last 3 years.  At least you can see the strategy is to invest in the dline this offseason.

7 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Rumor is he was playing with an MCL injury, he is a better pass rusher then Gholston.  I view all these DEs the same as hoping to cash a lottery ticket for next season.  Quinn has been injured 2 of the last 3 years.  At least you can see the strategy is to invest in the dline this offseason.

Curry had more pressures than Bennett this past season as well. Sack total maybe low but he is a disruptive player. Maybe not for 9 mil obviously but we should consider maybe a 6-7 mil type deal.

22 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

If they don't ask him to take on double teams every snap like we did, I think he'll be fine.

They 're paying Atkins a ton of money, so I doubt they want him eating double teams. All things considered Baker got a decent contract to sign.

Archived