Offseason Discussion

deuces22wild

The Bills have to find a way to get ahead of Denver.  Either 2 or 4 are probably going to be traded.  If I'm Cleveland, I'm definitely putting 4 up for sale with Buffalo, Arizona, and Denver having interest.  This is such an unusual year with more then 2 QBs carrying 1st round grades.

I think we go get Curry. @bucsfan333 said yesterday we’ll be sniffing $90,000,000 in cap space next year. If we do miss out on Chubb and select Nelson, Barkley or James with our first we will have still added super bowl talent to the line. If we get Chubb then all of a sudden dline becomes a strength. Curry, McCoy, Chubb, Spence in third downs. 

4 QBs in the top 5 will be wild, but I think it happens. Means we’ll either get Chubb, Barkley or Nelson. I’ve got Barkley ranked above Nelson for my top 5 but in some aspects I’d be disappointed if we got him over Nelson. Reason being, I feel like a dominant lineman will make an impact no matter what. With Barkley, I feel like we may have too many offensive weapons and not a good enough line coupled with poor play calling... you see where I’m going.

11 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

4 QBs in the top 5 will be wild, but I think it happens. Means we’ll either get Chubb, Barkley or Nelson. I’ve got Barkley ranked above Nelson for my top 5 but in some aspects I’d be disappointed if we got him over Nelson. Reason being, I feel like a dominant lineman will make an impact no matter what. With Barkley, I feel like we may have too many offensive weapons and not a good enough line coupled with poor play calling... you see where I’m going.

I just dont see the Colts passing on Nelson at 6.  They went after Jensen, and their franchise QB who hopefully is coming back from shoulder surgery needs to be protected.  And that only happens if Denver whose oline is pretty bad passes on him also.  Out of the big 3, I have little hope that Nelson  makes it to 7.

17 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

The Bills have to find a way to get ahead of Denver.  Either 2 or 4 are probably going to be traded.  If I'm Cleveland, I'm definitely putting 4 up for sale with Buffalo, Arizona, and Denver having interest.  This is such an unusual year with more then 2 QBs carrying 1st round grades.

This was my thinking. The browns can look at one of the tackles at 12 and secondary help at 22. If that happens we can take Barkley or Chubb. 

Elway May take Nelson and not reach for a qb. 

But I don’t know if I can see buffalo trading up for mayfield. If darnold or Rosen is there. Yes. 

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I just dont see the Colts passing on Nelson at 6.  They went after Jensen, and their franchise QB who hopefully is coming back from shoulder surgery needs to be protected.  And that only happens if Denver whose oline is pretty bad passes on him also.  Out of the big 3, I have little hope that Nelson  makes it to 7.

I think Nelson's floor is Denver at five. But I agree. He's the one non-QB I don't think we have a shot at.

Just now, indifference said:

So is DEN not going to draft a QB? I have them taking Nelson at 5 but knowing Elway he may take a QB.

If they trade up to two, they could. But I don't think they'll sit at five and take one or trade up one spot for one. I've gotta imagine Elway would take the best player in the draft over the fourth or fifth best QB.

Keenum could allow them to take a guy like Rudolph and sit him like they tried with Lynch. And they'd still be able to compete with a big guy like Nelson helping their offense.

2 minutes ago, indifference said:

So is DEN not going to draft a QB? I have them taking Nelson at 5 but knowing Elway he may take a QB.

Rumor this time of year, so who knows what is true, supposedly Denver and Miami like Mayfield.  I think Elway would draft another QB, but there oline was pretty bad so Nelson makes a lot of sense.  Right now, the Giants are the real wild card, stay at 2 or move.  I think they move personally,

8 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Rumor this time of year, so who knows what is true, supposedly Denver and Miami like Mayfield.  I think Elway would draft another QB, but there oline was pretty bad so Nelson makes a lot of sense.  Right now, the Giants are the real wild card, stay at 2 or move.  I think they move personally,

The Giants could get a ransom and a half for two. They're the real winners in all of this.

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

The Giants could get a ransom and a half for two. They're the real winners in all of this.

Exactly, best case scenario for the Bucs is for Buffalo to trade up to 2.  3 Qbs go in a row. Cleveland stays at 4 and takes Ward.  Denver takes Mayfield at 5, and Colts take Nelson or Chubb.  I do believe the Ward hype, just a matter if Dorsey goes CB or dline.  Either way Bucs will have some terrific options at option 7.

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Exactly, best case scenario for the Bucs is for Buffalo to trade up to 2.  3 Qbs go in a row. Cleveland stays at 4 and takes Ward.  Denver takes Mayfield at 5, and Colts take Nelson or Chubb.  I do believe the Ward hype, just a matter if Dorsey goes CB or dline.  Either way Bucs will have some terrific options at option 7.

CBs and WRs are far more valued by teams than fans. Ward and Jackson could both go top 10. Ridley probably won't be far behind.

Archived