The Official Boxing Thread IV - Golovkin vs Alvarez

J-ALL-DAY

2 minutes ago, Dan_Bali said:

I genuinely reckon there are boxers who have just taken up the sport in the last week who already have better technical skills than Wilder.

And?

2 minutes ago, RaiderX said:

Wilder relies on that right hand too much. It's a weapon, but still.

Still what? Dude just KO'd Ortiz with one punch.

6 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Jesus Christ

Wilder comes out of no where and ends the fight. 

Probably only the 2nd or 3rd right he landed the whole fight. 

And that punch was ridiculously quick. I couldn't really see it until they showed the replay.

Just now, Dan_Bali said:

and nothing...  no doubt the right hand is all time great powerful.

But he just lost 7 rounds in a row to a 50 year old. 

What? Ortiz is 40 years old and a great fighter. Wilder is the only guy to beat him, and Ortiz nearly KO'd him the first time. Ortiz has massive power. Wilder played it smart and waited for his shot. He also didn't lose 7 rounds. At best, Ortiz was up 4-2 entering the 7th. Wilder KO'd him with a single punch in the 7th. Winning a few rounds while not hurting your opponent doesn't mean much when your opponent figures you out and knocks you the eff out midway through the fight. Stop being a hater.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

How does he always knockdown the best fighters in the world then? He just gets lucky every fight, I guess. 

I know right? I get that he isnt the most technical fighter on the planet but watch the 3 steps right before he throws that right. the slight step back, slide, plant and throw gave just enough angle to land that clean. Like i said not the best but it was enough to create the opportunity to end the fight.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

How does he always knockdown the best fighters in the world then? He just gets lucky every fight, I guess. 

Hell, he knocked Tyson Fury out. The ref would not have been wrong to immediately call that fight. I still don't know how Fury got up before 10. Anybody pretending that Wilder isn't a great fighter is nuts. Randy Moss wasn't a technician at WR. It didn't stop him from dominating the NFL. And unlike some other great fighters, Wilder has never hesitated to fight the best.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Hell, he knocked Tyson Fury out. The ref would not have been wrong to immediately call that fight. I still don't know how Fury got up before 10. Anybody pretending that Wilder isn't a great fighter is nuts. Randy Moss wasn't a technician at WR. It didn't stop him from dominating the NFL. And unlike some other great fighters, Wilder has never hesitated to fight the best.

Pardon?  Took him 40 fights to fight anyone with a pulse.

4 minutes ago, malak1 said:

“The judges”

cool story. 

My bad. I forgot that we determine who wins fights based off the opinion of some random guy who goes by malak1 on Footballs Future. xD

3 minutes ago, Dan_Bali said:

Pardon?  Took him 40 fights to fight anyone with a pulse.

LOL. Haters gonna hate. You haven't said a single intelligent thing in this thread.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

My bad. I forgot that we determine who wins fights based off the opinion of some random guy who goes by malak1 on Footballs Future. xD

LOL. Haters gonna hate. You haven't said a single intelligent thing in this thread.

“The judges” didn’t determine who won the fight tonight. Lmao. It was Wilder’s devastating right hand, so what are you even saying?😂😂