The Official Boxing Thread IV - Golovkin vs Alvarez

J-ALL-DAY

3 hours ago, malak1 said:

Not if Fury can get up from the punch, which he has in the past.

Fury out weighing Wilder by like 40 pounds definitely helps. Even though Wilder is 18 pounds heavier this fight, Fury still has a 40 pound advantage. I wonder if Fury tries to lean on Wilder in clinches to tire him out? He's definitely going to come forward and try to take the fight to Wilder. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

The Fight comes down to exactly what Wilder said. Fury has to be perfect for 12 rounds an Wilder has to be perfect with 1 punch.

What? Wilder clearly lost the last fight and got a gift with the draw. If anything, Fury just needs to do what he does and avoid the bomb and he's gonna win any decision because there is no way in hell Wilder ever outboxes him.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

What? Wilder clearly lost the last fight and got a gift with the draw. If anything, Fury just needs to do what he does and avoid the bomb and he's gonna win any decision because there is no way in hell Wilder ever outboxes him.

Wilder is just saying his opponent will have to be on point for the entire 36 minutes while he needs to just land one shot…. And it's true. Fury I thought won last fight 8-4 so by two points, but he wasn't dominating or anything. A lot of the early rounds neither fighter was doing much barely landing anything. 

Fury is the clear superior boxer and more skilled fighter no doubt. But being at 272, he's coming with bad intentions. Fury knows it takes a mental toll trying to stay away from the bomb for 36 minutes so better bet to just get Wilder out of there. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Wilder is just saying his opponent will have to be on point for the entire 36 minutes while he needs to just land one shot…. And it's true. Fury I thought won last fight 8-4 so by two points, but he wasn't dominating or anything. A lot of the early rounds neither fighter was doing much barely landing anything. 

Fury is the clear superior boxer and more skilled fighter no doubt. But being at 272, he's coming with bad intentions. Fury knows it takes a mental toll trying to stay away from the bomb for 36 minutes so better bet to just get Wilder out of there. 

On point =/= perfect

I want Fury to finish him. Wilder's head has gotten far too big for how ****ty a boxer he is.

• Like 1