FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

I am sure the Jets told McCown he would start out of the #1 QB for training camp. If a QB outperforms  McCown I am sure the Jets will not hesitate to switch to the best QB performing well.   As long as the Jets draft a QB in the draft I am satisfied there will be enough competition to improve the QB position.   I don't see a 39 year journeyman QB as a threat to Teddy Bridgewater as long as Teddy is healthy.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Really confused on the point of signing both Teddy and McCown. Assuming we still draft a QB? Idk.

McCown gets hurt every year and Teddy is ? With the knee

I like that there both 1 year deals cause if we find our QB in the draft no long term investment plus we get all the cap room back next year

I think naming McCown the starter going into camp makes sense he earned it last year and it makes Teddy and a rookie have to earn it

54 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

Wasn’t that the plan last year with these guys and everyone was terrible?

Your upgrading at CB, gaining another year of development out of your safeties and those young corners (two of which were redshirted). 

The bigger issue is our pass rush. I don't think many CBs can be successful with a nonexistent edge rush. 

1 minute ago, imaiden6669 said:

McCown gets hurt every year and Teddy is ? With the knee

I like that there both 1 year deals cause if we find our QB in the draft no long term investment plus we get all the cap room back next year

I think naming McCown the starter going into camp makes sense he earned it last year and it makes Teddy and a rookie have to earn it

Yes, and if Teddy does even half way decent starting out hes trade bait. Although my all time hope would be he does amazing and becomes our guy for a while. Both because I like him as a person and because I reeeeaaalllyyy would like us to have a qb

2018 Starting D (Currently)

CB: Trumaine Johnson

FS: Marcus Maye

EDGE: Jordan Jenkins

LB: Avery Williamson

DT: Leonard Williams

NT: Steve McLendon

DE:

LB: Darron Lee

SS: Jamal Adams

CB:

CB:

Sign Sheldon, bring back Mo and trade for Honey Badger to fill out the remaining slots

1 minute ago, Bianconero said:

2018 Starting D (Currently)

Sign Sheldon, bring back Mo and trade for Honey Badger to fill out the remaining slots

I'd bring back Sheldon at a reasonable deal....

We don't have Kony Early still?