FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

2 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

Only 5 teams need a vet QB; us, Minnesota, Denver, AZ, and Buffalo. There are too many FA QB's out there and/or trade options. Cousins, Foles, Bradford, Teddy, Keenum, McCarron, etc. Somebody will be forced to be a backup and/or take a huge pay cut.

A lot in the media are projecting we sign two veteran QBs as well as draft one. I don't get that, but very possible we have a McCown/Teddy combo here and something similar in Arizona (McCarron/Bradford?)

2 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

A lot in the media are projecting we sign two veteran QBs as well as draft one. I don't get that, but very possible we have a McCown/Teddy combo here and something similar in Arizona (McCarron/Bradford?)

I doubt it happens but I don't care as long as we find one good one. Sign TB and draft the best QB you can get. If they both end up being good, great, TB will be traded for a high pick. 

I expect us very quickly to add players at these 3 spots. WR, OC and CB.

I think very quickly on Monday at 4pm our name will be called with us signing a big player at each position. CB we might even get 2 guys.

Names like...

WR: AR15, Watkins and Matthews.

OC: Jensen, Richburg

CB: Butler, Johnson, Fuller, Breeland

The Honey Badger is an “X” factor in this as well.

I expect us to come out of Monday with atleast 3 of those names.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Don’t see it happening... but it wouldn’t be a bad move to give Bridgewater and McCarron both contract (if the price is right). Double down on a couple question mark younger QBs with potential.

I like the combination of McCown and Bridgewater, both on one-year deals, and Lamar Jackson as the long-term answer.

I'd also like to see a few more names added to the above list from Bobby in terms of FA targets for us: Sherman, Cory Linsley (C), Justin Pugh (OG), Suh (assuming he is released) and the tight ends (Graham, mostly). And let's not forget our own guys to possibly re-sign: Seferian-Jenkins, Claiborne, Davis.

11 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I like the combination of McCown and Bridgewater, both on one-year deals, and Lamar Jackson as the long-term answer.

I'd also like to see a few more names added to the above list from Bobby in terms of FA targets for us: Sherman, Cory Linsley (C), Justin Pugh (OG), Suh (assuming he is released) and the tight ends (Graham, mostly). And let's not forget our own guys to possibly re-sign: Seferian-Jenkins, Claiborne, Davis.

Linsley got locked up by the packers already and no thanks on Sherman, too old, multiple major injuries =, ad dont think his personality would mesh well with our locker room and coaching staff.

7 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

what personality would that be (re: Sherman)? The WINNING personality?

It would not be a bad thing to add a few players with rings.

We aren’t a win now team. If we get Cousins that changes the aspect a ton. But assuming we don’t... I don’t see Macc targeting 30yr olds in FA. He made that mistake Year 1, and I imagined he learned from it.

Had a dream last night this is how our offseason ended up. Sign me up!!!

Notable FA:

Cousins

Allen Robinson

Jensen

Honey Badger

Re-Sign:

Demario

Caliborne

ASJ

Cut:

Skrine 

Draft:

1. Denzel Ward, CB

2a. Harold Landry, EDGE

2b. Sony Michel, RB

3. Nathan Shepherd, DT/DE

4. Sean Welsh, G

Edited by BJets512

11 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

what personality would that be (re: Sherman)? The WINNING personality?

It would not be a bad thing to add a few players with rings.

Sherman doesn't have a winning personality, he has a personality that is only bearable WHEN the team is winning.  If their is any adversity he is not part of the solution but part of the problem.  Not the type of guy we need right now when winning is certainly not a sure thing.  Oh and he doesn't fit our scheme at all.  He is good but he has been made to look much much better by that system.... how good was Browner when he left there?  exactly