FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

1 minute ago, jetskid007 said:

That’s part of it. Also despite the amount of money we have, apparently we aren’t budging on our projected figures. Usually that would be considered smart- but the Jets have to realize that the cap rises every year, hence you need to price players on a scale consistent with the salary cap. $7M last year is $9M this year. $13M becomes $16M.... 

As far as they develop the "core" they don't go wild on FA.  That will end up they overpay garbage players just to fill out the salary cap.

Just now, JetsandI said:

As far as they develop the "core" they don't go wild on FA.  That will end up they overpay garbage players just to fill out the salary cap.

That’s what I’m afraid of. I get the approach not to spend big on free agency; usually it’s a recipe for failure. But when you have $90M and are forced to spend most of it.... 

fwiw, I expect Spencer Long to be prioritized more than Jensen. But what do I know 

Just now, jetskid007 said:

That’s what I’m afraid of. I get the approach not to spend big on free agency; usually it’s a recipe for failure. But when you have $90M and are forced to spend most of it.... 

fwiw, I expect Spencer Long to be prioritized more than Jensen. But what do I know 

Long is not good so that is what I'm afraid of. 

I get not going on a crazy spending spree, but if we were gonna do nothing then why publicly say we are going to be very active on the first day of FA?  LIARS.

Now do we really miss Woody Johnson? lol

I mean what is Macc doing we know we are in on Cousins but nothing besides that. And I feel Cousins is just keeping us on a string to get the most he can out if Minnesota. Mark my words we come out of FA having no choice but to overpay tier 3 player bc we missed out on all better players.

Just now, JetsandI said:

Nope.   They need a real game feeling to click together.  A lot of work to get it done.

So ZBS lines can't be changed.  "Well our C and LG both suck but we have no choice but to stick with them."  

That just makes no sense.  If we sign Jensen it's not a 1 year rental he's 26.  It's fine if there are growing pains.