FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

Anyways I saw articles that Weston Richburg was seen as a bust anyways, so idk what's special about him.

But i love how we sit here and not make a single signing. Maybbe players just don't want to come to this garbage team. Todd Bowles isn't a coach that gets you excited, hes garbage. 

Man I never heard such crazy talk on here. It sounds like someone took your favorite toy. So what we did not sign Cousins. i think that is a great thing. We would have to put 35 mill on him per year for like 7 years. He can not win the big game. we would have 7-9 and 8-8 seasons for 7 years. I really like the QB in this draft. I have never got hyped before on college QB since Luck. I think there are three dynamic type guys in Mayfield, Rosen, and Darnald. I love the idea of signing Teddy anyways. Let Teddy and one of those three battle it out for the starting job. You guys also need to remember that most FA are not as good as they are hyped up to be. There is a reason why these guys are let go. There is still a ton of talent out there. I'm mean come on guys your REALLY think Burton is worth that type of money. My advice,coming from a jet fan since 1983, is relax. So many experts thought we would tank really bad but were in the playoff hunt until week 13

Just now, NYJets4716 said:

Anyways I saw articles that Weston Richburg was seen as a bust anyways, so idk what's special about him.

But i love how we sit here and not make a single signing. Maybbe players just don't want to come to this garbage team. Todd Bowles isn't a coach that gets you excited, hes garbage. 

That's the main reason why I screamed for us to draft Jamal Adams last year

If he wasn't on this team there would be NO pulse at 1 Florham Park

1 minute ago, Bianconero said:

C'mon, man

Lol. We all knew for the past 2 weeks that it was likely Kirk was signing with MIN. Allen Robinson, Sammy Watkins, and Weston Richburg chose better situations... that’s out of Maccagnan’s hands. 

My take is we should’ve been more aggressive trying to trade for players instead of bank on FA. We didn’t because Macc believes on building through the draft. While I disagree with his position, not a fireable offense. 

Edited by jetskid007

2 minutes ago, NYJETS52 said:

Honestly who did we miss out on?  A WR coming off an Achilles injury that usually sucks the explosiveness out of a player?  A WR that can dominant but has issues staying healthy?  A QB who might give us 3 years of security and then we're back in qb hell.  You don't think it's odd the Jags have a qb that needs help but they let their best WR walk?  Watkins is going to his 3rd team in 2 years.  Cousins I don't hate but it's not the end if the world.  We get 2 decent corners out a free agency a lb a wr a rb and a c I wouldn't hate it.  This team is not 1 player away.  Hell they aren't 5 players away its going to take time.  No one wants to hear it but it is what it is.

I agree with all of this

1 minute ago, Bianconero said:

That's the main reason why I screamed for us to draft Jamal Adams last year

If he wasn't on this team there would be NO pulse at 1 Florham Park

Hes the only pulse of this team. Nothing makes you excited about this team. They are terrible overall. They couldn't properly tank to get a higher pick so they could get a QB, now we are in a spot where we will sign some **** QB like Teddy Bridgewater or Josh McCown. 

Just now, NYJets4716 said:

Hes the only pulse of this team. Nothing makes you excited about this team. They are terrible overall. They couldn't properly tank to get a higher pick so they could get a QB, now we are in a spot where we will sign some **** QB like Teddy Bridgewater or Josh McCown. 

Not 1 difference maker. While we love Leo and Adams. They’re not difference makers. Or atleast not yet.

Jamal Adams can be a difference maker at Safety, hes a special talent but we'll see if he take sthe step. 

Main thing is this team NEVER fixes 2 main issues that all winning teams have. We can't get a pass rusher ever or a franchise QB. This team is heading nowhere. Thank god I have the Yankees to watch. 

Bridgewater is overrated trash, never been good. His good season was 14 TD passes, hes garbage. Our only hope is the draft but things never line up for this team so I have no hope. We couldn't even go out and sign some good players like Allen Robinson to make the team better for the QB.