FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

1 minute ago, rdelaney89 said:

I'm not overly upset with anything that's happened so far. Would have loved Robinson and Cousins but I'm not beating myself up.

I want Jensen + CBs (2x). I wish we gave ASJ $7M, I don't like that he's likely headed to Seattle. With how much cap space we have paint him like the 13th highest paid TE doesn't seem unreasonable especially since he is actually a player that openly wanted to be here.

rdelandy you sure are a ray of sunshine on a very rainy day. 

3 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

I'm not overly upset with anything that's happened so far. Would have loved Robinson and Cousins but I'm not beating myself up.

I want Jensen + CBs (2x). I wish we gave ASJ $7M, I don't like that he's likely headed to Seattle. With how much cap space we have paint him like the 13th highest paid TE doesn't seem unreasonable especially since he is actually a player that openly wanted to be here.

Kind of agree.  I wouldn't have given that to ASJ though.  

Only guys that I'm upset about are Cousins, A-Rob, Burton and Richburg.

Jensen is the only real difference maker left at C.  He is a major priority for me.

Gaines, Breeland, Colvin, Butler.  The CB is still wide open so we need Jensen and one of them but my hope is two.  I'd put some pressure on CHI with an offer to Fuller even after their spending spree.  Lets see if they match. 

If we wake up and have Jensen and two CB's locked up I'll feel way better.

3 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I need someone to seriously sell me on Teddy Bridgewater. I’d prefer him to McCown but he should hold absolutely no place in our future plans right now.

2 things.

Alex Smith who thrived in WCO had played well under Norv Turner's scale down offense. That offense Bridgewater had played for two seasons.  Could work out in WCO like Smith has done.

He is young so if it pans out he could be our starting qb for 4 or 5 years.

Still not exciting points, though.

Edited by JetsandI
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I'm shocked about A-Rob.  If we offered more then why in the world did he pick CHI.  Won the same amount of games and Mitch looked pretty bad.  Not like going to HOU where Watson was looking great.  I mean Mitch Trubisky is a draw for FA WR's?  What planet am I on.

I mean the idea of going hard for a QB in the draft should be more enticing.

He specifically referenced Nagy and that he felt Mitch was much better than stats indicated. Felt his inclusion in the offense would make a dramatic impact on their win-loss record. 

The uncertainty at QB for us is real... which is why Maccagnan must get the right one in the draft or else he's gone. But for those who are saying that he needs to be fired due to not landing specific free agents should honestly be put in "forum timeout" and not be allowed to post for 30 minutes. Classic overreaction. 

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

2 things.

Alex Smith who thrived in WCO had played well under Norv Turner's scale down offense, that offense Bridgewater had played for two seasons.  Could work out in WCO like Smith has done.

He is young so if it pans out he could be our starting qb for 4 or 5 years.

I have no problem with it so long as we are still targeting a QB early on.