EVERYTHING ELSE!

ET80

So we're staying at a friends place in Dickinson while our house gets repaired...

I'm honestly enjoying being so close to everything and not having to deal with tourist traffic. I have to get up at 3:30am to make it to work on time back in Galveston, but other than that commute...everything else is really nice.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, D82 said:

So we're staying at a friends place in Dickinson while our house gets repaired...

I'm honestly enjoying being so close to everything and not having to deal with tourist traffic. I have to get up at 3:30am to make it to work on time back in Galveston, but other than that commute...everything else is really nice.

You have a place on the coast?

40 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

You have a place on the coast?

We live off 8 mile, when Beryl hit it ripped the roof off and basically totaled the living room and kids room. 

When the demo guys got in there, they discovered some more water damage behind some places in the dining room, kitchen and our room. So with all that, it probably going to take the roofers 4-6 weeks to get out to replace the roof…we probably aren’t going to be back home until beginning of November (if we’re lucky) 

2 hours ago, D82 said:

We live off 8 mile, when Beryl hit it ripped the roof off and basically totaled the living room and kids room. 

When the demo guys got in there, they discovered some more water damage behind some places in the dining room, kitchen and our room. So with all that, it probably going to take the roofers 4-6 weeks to get out to replace the roof…we probably aren’t going to be back home until beginning of November (if we’re lucky) 

Sorry to hear that brother! 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

Sorry to hear that brother! 

It definitely sucks...but the repairs will be nice to have done. They're putting in insulation (apparently there wasn't any beforehand) so that should help with heating/cooling costs. 

• Like 2

On 8/26/2024 at 11:17 AM, D82 said:

It definitely sucks...but the repairs will be nice to have done. They're putting in insulation (apparently there wasn't any beforehand) so that should help with heating/cooling costs. 

Glass half empty meme - Artist edition | Art Print

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I'm planning on going to the Texans/Cowboys game in November at Jerryworld.  Never been for a football game.  I expect a HUGE contigent of Texans fans. I went for Wrestlemania 2 years ago.  What do yall think is the best time to get tickets? I dont want standing room.  I want a nosebleed seat.  Looking at the prices and they are expensive currently.

Edited by Texansfan713