Total Control Mock Draft Interest Thread

EaglesPeteC

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

Sure do.  I am speaking more specifically about a "War room" topic for TCMD.  Will be hoping to hit like 20 pages for that thread topic.  Might be lofty, but gotta aim high.

Yeah i'll do a war room too. It went reasonably well last year. 

15 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Yeah i'll do a war room too. It went reasonably well last year. 

I had Chicago last year for the 2nd of the TCMD.  Got some decent replies and discussion, but I feel the GB forum should be ripe for lots of discussion with the 14th pick and coming off missing the playoffs.  

Also lots of turnover in the GB coaching staff and FO.  interesting times in GB for sure.  

Rather than combining madden and PFF player grades, this year I'm going to use just PFF grades, taking the highest grade from the '16 and '17 season.  For those not familiar with tcmd, these grades will form the basis for every players APY cost. 

1 minute ago, ny92jefferis said:

Rather than combining madden and PFF player grades, this year I'm going to use just PFF grades, taking the highest grade from the '16 and '17 season.  For those not familiar with tcmd, these grades will form the basis for every players APY cost. 

You the boss of this thing....all good with me.  

I fully expect the NYG players to have a nice tweak in their grading

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

You the boss of this thing....all good with me.  

I fully expect the NYG players to have a nice tweak in their grading

lol....I was just thinking that myself.  I noticed it when I was looking at Eli Manning's grade.  Hopefully, using the > of the two years will balance things out.

Giants do need all the breaks they can get, they've suffered enough this season.

So ready to see how the free agency plays out this year, in hoping it will shed some light on what we might do with our first pick.  I've recently heard that the Jets might be willing to trade up, who have the 7th I believe, and two early second rounders.  Could fix our offensive line with one draft if we could work a deal like that.  If not, I figure they'll draft the quarterback, which I'd be fine with them doing if they can square the line up pre draft.

9 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

lol....I was just thinking that myself.  I noticed it when I was looking at Eli Manning's grade.  Hopefully, using the > of the two years will balance things out.

Giants do need all the breaks they can get, they've suffered enough this season.

So ready to see how the free agency plays out this year, in hoping it will shed some light on what we might do with our first pick.  I've recently heard that the Jets might be willing to trade up, who have the 7th I believe, and two early second rounders.  Could fix our offensive line with one draft if we could work a deal like that.  If not, I figure they'll draft the quarterback, which I'd be fine with them doing if they can square the line up pre draft.

Have to imagine it would be pretty hard for NYG to not take a QB at #2.   Unless you are the Browns, teams do not plan on being in the top 10 often,  when you are and if you need a QB (for the long term) passing on one in a potentially really good QB class would be foolish.

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Have to imagine it would be pretty hard for NYG to not take a QB at #2.   Unless you are the Browns, teams do not plan on being in the top 10 often,  when you are and if you need a QB (for the long term) passing on one in a potentially really good QB class would be foolish.

I haven't done much scouting but everything I read, it seems like these guys are boom or bust.  I did watch a little tape on Rosen and his "highlights" looked great.

We go drafting a quarterback with the 2nd pick, you better hit a homerun.  We traded up when we got Manning, so if we needed to trade up in a couple years if Webb doesn't work out I'm okay with that.  We'll be where the browns are if we don't address this offensive line, regardless who is at quarterback.  

Putting myself in Eli's shoes, I don't know how committed I'd be if they drafted a quarterback and didn't get the right personnel to fix an offensive line where we literally have no one on the roster that i'd label a starter.  I might just retire and let the Giants figure it out with a rookie quarterback behind a crap line, see how well he develops.  But I'm evil like that. 

13 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

I haven't done much scouting but everything I read, it seems like these guys are boom or bust.  I did watch a little tape on Rosen and his "highlights" looked great.

We go drafting a quarterback with the 2nd pick, you better hit a homerun.  We traded up when we got Manning, so if we needed to trade up in a couple years if Webb doesn't work out I'm okay with that.  We'll be where the browns are if we don't address this offensive line, regardless who is at quarterback.  

Putting myself in Eli's shoes, I don't know how committed I'd be if they drafted a quarterback and didn't get the right personnel to fix an offensive line where we literally have no one on the roster that i'd label a starter.  I might just retire and let the Giants figure it out with a rookie quarterback behind a crap line, see how well he develops.  But I'm evil like that. 

All true.  I guess it depends on if this is a quick rebuild with a new coaching staff and a top pick, or build for the long run.

What do you think of Webb?

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

What do you think of Webb?

I think he can develop if given the chance.  Every media outlet you read for the most part has him chalked up as a wasted 3rd round pick because if you're picking in the top 5 you must need a quarterback.  I just don't buy it at least not yet.  We aren't that far removed from 11-5 season.  I also hate to think that Reese is still screwing us with Webb being a wasted pick.  For all we know this guy could be the next Aaron Rogers.  If we put a rookie quarterback behind that line with no receivers, no effective running game we wouldn't have learned anything.

I say give the guy a chance, but because of the situation and what you mentioned, win now or try and win later he might be a wasted pick.

3 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

I think he can develop if given the chance.  Every media outlet you read for the most part has him chalked up as a wasted 3rd round pick because if you're picking in the top 5 you must need a quarterback.  I just don't buy it at least not yet.  We aren't that far removed from 11-5 season.  I also hate to think that Reese is still screwing us with Webb being a wasted pick.  For all we know this guy could be the next Aaron Rogers.  If we put a rookie quarterback behind that line with no receivers, no effective running game we wouldn't have learned anything.

I say give the guy a chance, but because of the situation and what you mentioned, win now or try and win later he might be a wasted pick.

At the time, I thought Webb was a good pick.  Try to develop a potential successor to Eli that you picked with minimal draft capital investment.  

Hard to predict that NYG goes from playoffs and 11-5 to #2 pick in 1 year.  Certainly losing OBJ and the state of the OL adds to that, but the defense that bad as well.

Really interesting dynamic with a aging QB, new regime coming in, previous QB picked in 3rd round and having the #2 pick in a good QB class.  

6 minutes ago, squire12 said:

At the time, I thought Webb was a good pick.  Try to develop a potential successor to Eli that you picked with minimal draft capital investment.  

Hard to predict that NYG goes from playoffs and 11-5 to #2 pick in 1 year.  Certainly losing OBJ and the state of the OL adds to that, but the defense that bad as well.

Really interesting dynamic with a aging QB, new regime coming in, previous QB picked in 3rd round and having the #2 pick in a good QB class.  

Right its a coin toss on what they do.  

The games I watched and stat data the defense wasn't as bad as they looked, that was a product of the offensive line not being able to generate a running game to keep the offense on the field.  Defense didn't get many bench breaks and then there were those cornerback suspension.  The coach couldn't even keep his locker room from imploding.  

Archived