Giants to pick #2 in 2018 NFL Draft

Acgott

15 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I really hope the Browns take Barkley #1 so I don't have to spend the rest of his HOF career watching him and wondering "what if?".

I'd be just as mad wondering why they couldn't take a QB instead.

Hey you guys! It's not too late to join me on the #barkleytobigblue bandwagon. Better hurry up, though... It's filling up fast!

Saquon Barkley is the Calvin Johnson of RBs. He's the closest thing to a guaranteed All-Pro as you can get. 

15 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Barkley is obviously a generational talent. I don't know if you can say that about any of these QBs. We'll see how much positional importance and potential matter to the Giants when they pick #2. 

If he's there at #2 and we don't take him I'm honestly going to become a fan of whatever team he ends up with.

6 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Still not in favour of picking him #2.  On paper and in theory sounds like a pretty easy and sound choice but in reality, nah. Seen it too often with RBs. Chubb, Nelson or trade down.

More often than with other positions? 

49 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Yes. Then again it is only March and FA hasn’t begun. If we properly address the o-line in the draft then I’d be less against it. Same applies to Nelson as well.

Hmm, to me it doesn't seem like RBs bust at a noticably higher amount than other positions, but I haven't seen the numbers in it so I can't make any claims to know for sure. I'd love to see the boom/bust % by position for 1st rounders and top 10 picks specifically.

Looking at recent picks, I would say there's been a pretty good payoff of high impact 1st round RBs. Elliott, Gurley, and Fournette are the obvious ones that stand out. Obviously there's been some busts, too, but it seems to be about a 50% success rate which seems to be the par for first rounders in general.

It’s not about busting. I’m saying that I could find similar production or close enough production in later rounds. I’m not saying I don’t want Saquon because he’s gonna be bust. I just feel that I find similar level production later. The best RBs in the league I.e. the top 10 RBs in league is the majority are drafted outside the top 10. Heck how many are first round picks? Ingram, Zeke, Gurley. And two of them are top 10 picks. I’d consider him if we add pieces to our o-line. 

19 hours ago, w4rrior723 said:

I'd be just as mad wondering why they couldn't take a QB instead.

Hey you guys! It's not too late to join me on the #barkleytobigblue bandwagon. Better hurry up, though... It's filling up fast!

Saquon Barkley is the Calvin Johnson of RBs. He's the closest thing to a guaranteed All-Pro as you can get. 

I think you're going to get what you want, w4rrior723.  I think the Browns will go QB and Barkley will end up in NY with the Giants.  

9 minutes ago, Shockey1979 said:

Josh Allen was dropping some bombs at the combine this AM. Just imagine what he could do with OBJ running down the sidelines :o

His arm talent is no secret. Seems like a good kid too. Just not a good QB. If we take a "project" QB I prefer Jackson by far.

58 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I think you're going to get what you want, w4rrior723.  I think the Browns will go QB and Barkley will end up in NY with the Giants.  

That would be my happiest moment as a Giants fan next to the Superbowl wins against the Pats.

I think the consensus, that Barkley is the best player in the draft regardless of position, is absolutely true. If Shurmur and Gettleman truly believe Eli has "years" left, you take the best player available at 2. If the Browns go QB, that is Barkley, no question. He is transcendent. Seems like the best RB every year is "the best since AP" but Barkley really is that. There are a lot of guys I'd be happy with at 2, but the only one I'd really regret passing on is Barkley. I can't believe myself that I'm pining for a RB this bad with the team as full of holes as it is, but that's how good Barkley is. 

Barkley, Nelson, Chubb, Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield would all be great picks. Anyone else and I'd be disappointed, especially if we choose Allen. His game tape doesn't lie; he is as inaccurate as they come. 

I'm still going on about this, but make a cons list for all the top guys, but don't factor in the position they play. There are obvious ones for all the QBs and Chubb. Find me a flaw with Nelson or Barkley. Both are incredibly talented as well as great people and teammates. 

Archived