Browns OC search

hornbybrown

7 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I don’t know who would be crazy enough to join the sinking Hueboat for a year, as it goes down. Give up on getting any real candidates. Hueball will try to run the offense anyways. 

Probably why Pep Hamilton left in such a hurry. He saw it coming. This offensive staff had so much potential too. Wylie had a proven track record. Pep Hamilton and Al Saunders too. And Hue is too proud to let any of them have any sort of significant role.

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

I believe the OC will be hired by Dorsey.  So if, I mean when Huebris sucks again next year, browns have a HC replacement ready. 

I hope that you are right about this.

In a sense, it would compound the dysfunctional organization the hee haw Haslams have put together.

On the other, it would rid us of the Hueball Magic menace.

2 minutes ago, bruceb said:

I hope that you are right about this.

In a sense, it would compound the dysfunctional organization the hee haw Haslams have put together.

On the other, it would rid us of the Hueball Magic menace.

I still can’t believe Dorsey signed up and signed on to keep a coach like Huebris

Just now, buno67 said:

I still can’t believe Dorsey signed up and signed on to keep a coach like Huebris

Unless he just needed a job?

Dorsey has to be salivating at the prospect of having such a largesse of picks and cap space.

If he knocks it out of the park, it will be difficult for Huebris to claim credit for success moving ahead and incredulous for him to claim that the team lacks enough talent to win.

I don’t think I would like this at all, but if the current Bengals OC isn’t promoted up to head coach, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him move up 71N.  Or, I would keep an eye out for the Bengals OC that was fired mid season. Both know Hue and his offense, and both would be available. Not saying I would want this, but just follow the trail. 

I think I would LIKE the Rams OC, if he doesn’t get a head coaching gig. I’m sure the Rams could block it as a lateral, but if we give him the assistant HC title, perhaps we could swing it. 

Doesn’t he have ties to Ashland?

12 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Unless he just needed a job?

Dorsey has to be salivating at the prospect of having such a largesse of picks and cap space.

If he knocks it out of the park, it will be difficult for Huebris to claim credit for success moving ahead and incredulous for him to claim that the team lacks enough talent to win.

Couldnt of went to the Giants, who were rumored to want Dorsey.

Yeah there is great draft capital and cap space. Lets say Dorsey drafts a QB #1 overall, its going to look bad on him when that QB is destroyed by Huebris. 

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Couldnt of went to the Giants, who were rumored to want Dorsey.

Yeah there is great draft capital and cap space. Lets say Dorsey drafts a QB #1 overall, its going to look bad on him when that QB is destroyed by Huebris. 

No worries.

LGB thinks McCarron will protect our QB from Huebris (hard I accent).

7 minutes ago, Kathouse Sticks said:

I don’t think I would like this at all, but if the current Bengals OC isn’t promoted up to head coach, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him move up 71N.  Or, I would keep an eye out for the Bengals OC that was fired mid season. Both know Hue and his offense, and both would be available. Not saying I would want this, but just follow the trail. 

I think I would LIKE the Rams OC, if he doesn’t get a head coaching gig. I’m sure the Rams could block it as a lateral, but if we give him the assistant HC title, perhaps we could swing it. 

Doesn’t he have ties to Ashland?

I dont want Cincys trash. I want them to get an OC who isnt connected to Hue.

Matt LaFleur, he was only a coach for Ashland for a season and that was in '07 and than he was brought onto the staff of the Texans. He would be stupid to leave the Rams to take some what of a lateral move to the Browns. The nice thing about him tho is he has a connection with Kizer. He was the QB coach for ND in '14, kizer redshirted that year at ND. 

Archived