Browns OC search

hornbybrown

1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

Yeah...it's definitely Al Saunders fault Ricardo Louis can't catch, Corey Coleman got injured, the fantastic trio of Ricardo Louis, Bryce Treggs, and Kenny Britt stunk up the joint... that's definitely it and you couldn't be more right that it's definitely a legit concern....

Or he could of told Hue to change up his passing concepts that were built on the sole factor of having a WR forced into winning a one on one battle. Rarely did hue ever scheme or call plays that actually got WRs open. There are plenty of concepts that can be called that scheme a WR open, yet we rarely saw that. Im sorry if I was a WR coach and I saw these issues, I would be taking it up to the HC/OC about needing to change the concepts so the offense and position group can be successful. We want Saunders to be a part in controlling the whole offense but yet he couldnt have the pull or say to help Hue. 

Sorry I dont trust anyone on this coaching staff. No one deserves a promotion or anything, more like walking papers

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

I don’t know how I feel about this  can someone explain how he would be a good fit? Resume doesn’t look all that great and BoB hasn’t really produce great offenses outside of Watson’s streak

He’d be calling plays instead of Hue, what more do you need?

15 hours ago, buno67 said:

Or he could of told Hue to change up his passing concepts that were built on the sole factor of having a WR forced into winning a one on one battle. Rarely did hue ever scheme or call plays that actually got WRs open. There are plenty of concepts that can be called that scheme a WR open, yet we rarely saw that. Im sorry if I was a WR coach and I saw these issues, I would be taking it up to the HC/OC about needing to change the concepts so the offense and position group can be successful. We want Saunders to be a part in controlling the whole offense but yet he couldnt have the pull or say to help Hue. 

Sorry I dont trust anyone on this coaching staff. No one deserves a promotion or anything, more like walking papers

Man, how times have changed for Buno. I remember when you’d ramble on post after post about trust Hue this trust hue that. 

I have been a big fan of Matt LaFleur for a long time. He has learned from Kyle and Mike Shannahan, Jay Gruden and Sean McVay. 

He is already an OC but would be my first choice if we could tag him as assistant head coach. If he is not available maybe his Dad Mike who is WR coach in SF but that is a gamble.

Matt Nagy would be a good choice if we plan to target Alex Smith. 

As long as it’s not just a Hue Jackson puppet I will give it a chance.

This Sean Ryan interview makes no sense, whatsoever.

• It's being reported that Houston wants to retain him, but he is looking for a job where he can call plays. Hue is the playcaller and chances are slim he'd give that up to an unknown quantity.
  • It's reported Hue wants an established guy, someone he can count on (think Pep Hamilton, before he left). Ryan is as green as they get.
  • Hue said, just yesterday(!):"It is something that I have thought about, adding a coordinator here, I think the staff decisions for me will be from reflecting over the next week or so and just seeing where we are, seeing what I think in need to do to help this organization be the best it can be....I will go back through and look at everything, all the guys that are on our staff and all of those things. That is going to be a little time.” 24 hours later the Browns are already requesting interviews?
  • Jackson and Ryan have no previous connections.

Things continue to make less and less sense.

19 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Lame. I want someone with play calling experience. Not another glorified position coach. 

Which acclaimed play caller would be willing to work under Hubris Jackson?

You are guaranteed to be either overruled or the fall guy.

It simply can only be a young, inexperienced position coach.

It will be Ken Zampese so Hue Jackson since he knows Hue's system and Hue can indirectly still keep total control of the offense and then when the Browns start 0-4 he can blame the OC and when they are 0-6 he can fire the OC.

Archived