Browns OC search

hornbybrown

I'd take Edgar Bennett as well. It's crazy to me that Green Bay is cleaning house when their HOF QB went down and their backup has zero traits that resemble the guy he had to fill in for. Green Bay was great in 2016, their running game had some problems but again, injuries had something to do with that, 

2 minutes ago, Kathouse Sticks said:

Is Sean Ryan out of the picture already?  

I saw where Zampese was at a couple of practices last week. 

Not last that I read.

Zampese is so Huebris/Clhueless/Magic, however.

No threat, easy roadkill.

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

Not last that I read.

Zampese is so Huebris/Clhueless/Magic, however.

No threat, easy roadkill.

He isn't #1 on my list or anything, but I think Zampese is getting drilled for the Bengals lackluster start to the season when in all honesty they had so much turnover, especially at offensive line, that it was going to take time for the offense to mesh anyways. People forget how long he was the Bengals QB coach. Kitna put up a couple of good seasons under him. Palmer had a tremendous start before his injury. Andy Dalton, as much as we like to make fun of him, has had a pretty good career statistically speaking. It's laughable to me that more people are for Sean Ryan, who may or may not have had anything to do with Watson, and the rest of Houston's QB's played like garbage when getting playing time. 

Interesting article on PFT on how the hiring of an OC could be a major pressure point in the Dorsey/Magic Jackson relationship. The OC could end up being Hue's replacement if we get off to another bad start next season. 

Here's the article...http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/03/offensive-coordinator-hire-could-be-first-pressure-point-for-hue-jackson-john-dorsey/

What a silly org structure!

24 minutes ago, dawgattack said:

Interesting article on PFT on how the hiring of an OC could be a major pressure point in the Dorsey/Magic Jackson relationship. The OC could end up being Hue's replacement if we get off to another bad start next season. 

Here's the article...http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/03/offensive-coordinator-hire-could-be-first-pressure-point-for-hue-jackson-john-dorsey/

I think that’s why hue never hired an OC. He knew the team was going to be bad and he didn’t hire one to cover his butt

28 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I think that’s why hue never hired an OC. He knew the team was going to be bad and he didn’t hire one to cover his butt

Exactly.

As opposed to the better interest of the players and the team and such.

1 hour ago, dawgattack said:

it be a great way to back doorJimmy into getting the HC he wants without waiting for the offseason. If Hue is bad enough Dorsey can preach about firing Hue and promoting the OC and by week8, Dorsey has his hand picked HC

I’m really hoping Hue and Dorsey figure things out.  I’d love to see some continuity and success.

If the conspiracy theorists are right and this is a point of contention or the beginnings of a power struggle or Dorsey is just setting up Hue to fail and plugging “his guy” in there, we’r toast.

All of that said, I can’t help but wonder how much of what’s being reported is actually true? The Browns are an easy target and quoting “anonymous sources” who claim dysfunction is even easier.  Gotta wonder how much is true though.

Packers OC and QB coach were just released. With Dorsey's (and his pending new VP's) history, we'll pretty much know who is really calling the shots on the OC search if they are brought in. They would be a terrible fit for Hue's offensive "offense", but probably much more in the mold of how Dorsey envisions the team.

Archived