Browns OC search

hornbybrown

Just now, BleedTheClock said:

What about my boy Jim Bob Cooter? 

Actually the more I think about it, this would make Hue's head explode. He runs a spread offense and doesn't try to employ the power run game. While Hue would be happy with him giving up on the run early in games in favor of throwing the ball all over the lot, I don't think his scheme matches up with what Hue wants to do.

37 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Actually the more I think about it, this would make Hue's head explode. He runs a spread offense and doesn't try to employ the power run game. While Hue would be happy with him giving up on the run early in games in favor of throwing the ball all over the lot, I don't think his scheme matches up with what Hue wants to do.

I am all for hiring a guy whose scheme doesn’t match up with Hue

I’m hoping it’s Sean Ryan tbh. been reading a lot about him and a lot of ppl are touting him as the next mckvay. I also believe if Ryan does get hired. Hue won’t make it past the bye week. This will be 100% be a Dorsey guy. And if he’s going to be working with Darnold it only makes sense. 

2 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

I’m hoping it’s Sean Ryan tbh. been reading a lot about him and a lot of ppl are touting him as the next mckvay. I also believe if Ryan does get hired. Hue won’t make it past the bye week. This will be 100% be a Dorsey guy. And if he’s going to be working with Darnold it only makes sense. 

http://brownswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/04/browns-to-interview-texans-qb-coach-sean-ryan-for-offensive-coordinator-role/

2 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

Hell no.

A inexperienced positional coach who never had an offensive coordinator or coordinator positions becomes a head coach after a handful of games.

We need to pump the breaks. He didn't make Deshaun Watson and he didn't call the plays last year...that was Bill O'brien.

He's a good young coach and from all accounts he's a up and coming young mind.

But he's years away from a HC job. Sean McVay was an OC for 3 years before he got a HC offer and that was thought to be insane.

No one is getting a HC offer after 8 games.

34 minutes ago, bruceb said:

You do understand, of course, that we're talking about the Cleveland Browns.

This is exactly my point. One it’s the browns anything goes. And two They’re going to want to pair a young franchise QB with a young offensive mind. 

1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

Hell no.

A inexperienced positional coach who never had an offensive coordinator or coordinator positions becomes a head coach after a handful of games.

We need to pump the breaks. He didn't make Deshaun Watson and he didn't call the plays last year...that was Bill O'brien.

He's a good young coach and from all accounts he's a up and coming young mind.

But he's years away from a HC job. Sean McVay was an OC for 3 years before he got a HC offer and that was thought to be insane.

No one is getting a HC offer after 8 games.

He isn’t an inexperienced positional coach. He has been a positional coach since ‘10. WR coach for 5 seasons and QB coach for 3 seasons 

Yes he didn’t make Watson, just made him better. A lot of the issues that plagued Watson in college, you didn’t see them happening in Houston. At least not nearly as much. I don’t think that was because of BoB because he hasn’t shown that kind of ability in any QB so far. No way he should get a HC job but I think he is ready to be an OC. 

I would like to see him be an OC and maybe he would be a potential HC 2-3 years from now. 

22 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I would like to see him be an OC and maybe he would be a potential HC 2-3 years from now. 

I have had a lot of success grooming people by baptism under fire.

If they have what it takes, they rise to the occasion.

No problem at all if he supplants Huebris/Clhueless/Magic Hueball Jackson 4-8 games into the season.

I mean, really, what would we have to lose?

7 minutes ago, bruceb said:

I have had a lot of success grooming people by baptism under fire.

If they have what it takes, they rise to the occasion.

No problem at all if he supplants Huebris/Clhueless/Magic Hueball Jackson 4-8 games into the season.

I mean, really, what would we have to lose?

He could really suck as a HC and the browns lose out on a potential young OC.

i like the idea of baptism by fire but not as a positional coach. He has done great controlling a position group. I would like see him control several groups and see if he can get them to all by into his offensive system. 

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

He could really suck as a HC and the browns lose out on a potential young OC.

i like the idea of baptism by fire but not as a positional coach. He has done great controlling a position group. I would like see him control several groups and see if he can get them to all by into his offensive system. 

He would be a clear and present threat to Huebris which is one reason I do not think we will get him.

But if we do, I would throw Hueball out the door and give him a go.

I probably should mention that I learned to swim when my Dad and Uncle threw me off a boat into Lake Erie when I was 5 YOA.

Archived