Browns OC search

hornbybrown

3 hours ago, dawgdish said:

Packers OC and QB coach were just released. With Dorsey's (and his pending new VP's) history, we'll pretty much know who is really calling the shots on the OC search if they are brought in. They would be a terrible fit for Hue's offensive "offense", but probably much more in the mold of how Dorsey envisions the team.

That’s why I also think mcadoo could be brought it. 

5 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

How about instead of hiring an OC we just let hue call the plays and hire a clock/game manager. I feel like Hue could manage calling plays if that’s all he had to focus on. Just hire someone to do head coach things. 

You think having to manage the clock is what made him throw 40 times a game with a rookie QB and an offense built to run? even while we were ahead in games?

You think worrying about whether to challenge a play is what caused us to have more vertical routs than any other team in the NFL instead of scheming WR's open?

pass....

1 minute ago, CBrownsman said:

You think having to manage the clock is what made him throw 40 times a game with a rookie QB and an offense built to run? even while we were ahead in games?

You think worrying about whether to challenge a play is what caused us to have more vertical routs than any other team in the NFL instead of scheming WR's open?

pass....

I truly think he’s too stupid to multitask.

4 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I truly think he’s too stupid to multitask.

I don't disagree with you, but I definitely don't trust him to build his scheme around players either

Especially after his "you don't draft players that fit the browns, you draft players that fit the coaches talents" quotes...

3 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

I don't disagree with you, but I definitely don't trust him to build his scheme around players either

Especially after his "you don't draft players that fit the browns, you draft players that fit the coaches talents" quotes...

Sure. But they’re gonna do it anyway. And the OC we hire is just gonna be a yes man anyway. 

4 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Sure. But they’re gonna do it anyway. And the OC we hire is just gonna be a yes man anyway. 

Well i know that, but why would you want to take any hope I had of being slightly better then flaming garbage on offense and just poop on it like that?

Mary Kay reported we are interviewing the Houston QB coach for an OC position, a guy who said he will only come if he can call plays so it does look like Hue is willing to relinquish some control

And Zampese for an assistant position

12 minutes ago, ohiogenius said:

Mary Kay reported we are interviewing the Houston QB coach for an OC position, a guy who said he will only come if he can call plays so it does look like Hue is willing to relinquish some control

I am starting to like Sean Ryan. I think he did great things with Watson before he got hurt. Let’s get him an even more talented QB in Darnold and let him work his magic

1 hour ago, ohiogenius said:

Zampese is a very good QB coach. Just a terrible OC. I’d love to replace David lee with him. 

16 hours ago, dawgdish said:

Packers OC and QB coach were just released. With Dorsey's (and his pending new VP's) history, we'll pretty much know who is really calling the shots on the OC search if they are brought in. They would be a terrible fit for Hue's offensive "offense", but probably much more in the mold of how Dorsey envisions the team.

That is the huge question mark hanging over this team??? who does have the final say??? It's a no win situation that only an incompetent owner like Haslam could create.

When you look at winning franchises, the owner hires a competent FO/GM, who in turn hires a solid HC, who in turn picks his own OC and DC.

We are as far from a competent system as a franchise can get and no doubt, will pay for it going forward. We can wish for the best all we want, but as long as Haslam owns the Browns, we will consistently take one step forward, followed by 2 steps backwards and it is quite sad to see, because we are in a position currently, to really rebuild the Browns ino something special, but in my humble opinion, it will all go  for want, through an organizational structure that can never bring us a winner???

I am sadder than most, because a 74, I am not likely to ever see Cleveland  be a winner in my lifetime!!!

9 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

That is the huge question mark hanging over this team??? who does have the final say??? It's a no win situation that only an incompetent owner like Haslam could create.

When you look at winning franchises, the owner hires a competent FO/GM, who in turn hires a solid HC, who in turn picks his own OC and DC.

100% spot on. This is blindingly obvious to the entire world except Haslam, apparently.

Archived