With the 5th pick in the NFL draft the Broncos select....

Wolzen

Could it be possible and this would really hurt his credibility with other GM’s but that Elway could be hawking this for sale pitch hoping a team like Buffalo holds out till pick five to trade up and then Elway stand pat taking a Josh Rosen? That way he can try and control a team moving ahead of him and he doesn’t have to move up and can land the QB he wants at 5? Buffalo would hate his guts but might be worth the move. 

Was reviewing the list of visits, and it struck me how few “non-QB” 1st round prospects the Broncos brought in for visits.  Vita Vea is about the only one. None of the “Big 3” (Nelson, Chubb, Barkley), none of the 2nd tier guys (Ward, Davenport, Kirkpatrick etc) with the exception of Vea, no later round 1st guys (unless you think Jones or Oliver could be late 1st, which seems too high for me). 

If he is thinking seriously of trading down, it’s seems odd that we haven’t seen more players in that range.  If he is thinking of staying at 5 and taking the best of the “Big 3”, it’s seems odd that he hasn’t brought them in.  It would all seem to point to taking a QB at 5 (or in a trade up)  - but who knows. But it’s strange.

16 minutes ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

Was reviewing the list of visits, and it struck me how few “non-QB” 1st round prospects the Broncos brought in for visits.  Vita Vea is about the only one. None of the “Big 3” (Nelson, Chubb, Barkley), none of the 2nd tier guys (Ward, Davenport, Kirkpatrick etc) with the exception of Vea, no later round 1st guys (unless you think Jones or Oliver could be late 1st, which seems too high for me). 

If he is thinking seriously of trading down, it’s seems odd that we haven’t seen more players in that range.  If he is thinking of staying at 5 and taking the best of the “Big 3”, it’s seems odd that he hasn’t brought them in.  It would all seem to point to taking a QB at 5 (or in a trade up)  - but who knows. But it’s strange.

And given how often our 1st round picks are guys we bring in for visits....yeah, it seems very telling.  It could be classic misdirection, but the thing is, if we wanted to a nonQB, it's not like we need to hide it - once we trade down, it's going to be obvious we aren't targeting QB.   If we want Chubb/Nelson/Barkley, not like we can influence those ahead of us - they are going to either take non-QB's off the board, or they're not.  What we do isn't likely to have any effect on their decision there.

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

And given how often our 1st round picks are guys we bring in for visits....yeah, it seems very telling.  It could be classic misdirection, but the thing is, if we wanted to a nonQB, it's not like we need to hide it - once we trade down, it's going to be obvious we aren't targeting QB.   If we want Chubb/Nelson/Barkley, not like we can influence those ahead of us - they are going to either take non-QB's off the board, or they're not.  What we do isn't likely to have any effect on their decision there.

I'm not sure how much a private visit with any of those three is worth. There really isn't much unknown about any of them. All three are great ball players, high character guys that love the game.

I'm also kind of curious how much information is shared with other teams regarding private visits. I'll bet a bunch of it is taped and available for a price.

5 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

I'm not sure how much a private visit with any of those three is worth. There really isn't much unknown about any of them. All three are great ball players, high character guys that love the game.

I'm also kind of curious how much information is shared with other teams regarding private visits. I'll bet a bunch of it is taped and available for a price.

I agree with those 3, it seems unnecessary.  Just that's it's not been Elway's practice at all - I mean, even in 2011, he brought in Cam, Miller, Dareus & P-Peterson (Von obv. was important to do that, but Dareus & Peterson were similar no-doubt guys at that time) for visits.

I will say if there's a year to smokescreen heavily, it's this year.   The 1-6 order is all over the place, with little CW other than an emerging sense that Darnold is going 1.1 (but not even that's a lock right now).

If we are going to drop down to 12/22 I would like to drop down from 12 to maybe 15 if Arizona gets spooked and jumps up for Lamar Jackson and secure another third. Considering Vea and Ward to be gone by 12. Take Wynn at 15 and an impact defender at 22. 

2 hours ago, Counselor said:

If we are going to drop down to 12/22 I would like to drop down from 12 to maybe 15 if Arizona gets spooked and jumps up for Lamar Jackson and secure another third. Considering Vea and Ward to be gone by 12. Take Wynn at 15 and an impact defender at 22. 

Wynn isn’t worth 15.  Wynn at 22 makes some sense, Wynn at 15 is a reach. 

58 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Idk from what I hear Wynn can play any position on the line at a decent level.

That doesn’t make him worth #15 overall.  Rankins gets the same hype and is bigger and as athletic and he’s a 2nd rounder.  Wynn is a good player, no doubt about it.  But he’s more of a late 1st/2nd round pick than he is top 15.  That’s a reach.

3 minutes ago, germ-x said:

That doesn’t make him worth #15 overall.  Rankins gets the same hype and is bigger and as athletic and he’s a 2nd rounder.  Wynn is a good player, no doubt about it.  But he’s more of a late 1st/2nd round pick than he is top 15.  That’s a reach.

He allowed  like 1 sack in 3 years or some crazy stat. Sec too give the man his due.or ask Arkna

Archived