Baltimore Ravens 2018 Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

1 hour ago, Mancunian Raven said:

Gruden seems to be taking the Raiders some of the way back to the Al Davis 'wow, that guy is fast!' days. So they could possibly be conned out of a pick for Perriman.

Gruden was over the top harsh on Perriman coming out and when we picked him, I doubt it.

Re: Myles Humphrey, Edge, Shepherd

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/myles-humphrey?id=32462018-0002-5611-2617-de77e86838c9

Player Bio

Humphrey dominated the Mountain East Conference during his time with the Rams, culminating his career by earning the conference's Defensive Player of the Year honors as a senior. He started all 11 games, compiling 59 tackles, 20.5 for loss, and finished fourth in Division II with 13 sacks. Humphrey earned first-team all-conference accolades as a sophomore (50 tackles, 12 tackles for loss, five sacks, starting 12 of 14 games played) and junior (23.5 for loss, 13.5 sacks, ranking in the top 10 of Division II in both categories). He was also an Academic All-American in 2016 and 2017. Humphrey was a second-team All-MEC pick as a redshirt freshman in 2014, starting eight of nine games and leading the Rams with 13 tackles for loss and 8.5 sacks.

Overview

Humphrey is a consistently productive, undersized edge defender who needs to improve his play strength in order to handle his duties as a 3-4 SAM outside linebacker. His tendency to get glued to blocks will hurt him against NFL length and strength so improving his hands and his rush plan is a must. Humphrey is a developmental prospect with backup linebacker and core special-teamer as a ceiling if he can continue to improve as a rusher.

Strengths

• Athletic build with room for more muscle. Has good arm length for his size. Consistent high-end production as a sack artist from year to year. Adequate first step quickness as rusher. Has ability to rip and corner with good sharpness once he gets to the top of the rush. Plus agility and hip swivel help provide necessary reactive athleticism to tackle in space. Uses springy lateral movements to tackle. Has enough pursuit speed for quality chase

Weaknesses

• Must add more mass to play along the edge
  • Lacks functional upper body power for quick disengagements once blockers get into him. Tends to sink into blockers and stick to blocks. Strength and skill in hands are both below par. Needs a go-to rush move to take the lead against NFL tackles. Not enough counter rush moves once his attack stalls. Is slow to play through the edge of opponent

http://www.hudl.com/v/28WeaQ

Tim White vs. Janarion Grant for a roster spot. They are the only legitimate returners on the roster. I know Chris Moore can return kicks, but he's not particularly dangerous in doing so. I'm still sticking with White though. He's electric. Just stay healthy please. And if not.... well, I would expect Grant is an easy stash on the practice squad.

15 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

We should try Jordan Lasley out on the punt return unit and see what he’s got.

I wonder if Averett has ever practiced returns...

He runs/ran track and has been lauded for his play on coverage teams.

Archived