8th pick in the draft

Rogerthat

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

The exception, not the rule.

He also did not play in the era of Gronk and Kelce.

I like Smith would be happy with him on the team, but in the top 10 you need to check all the boxes.

Say he actually measures at or around 6'1, does that mean he doesn't check the boxes and can't cover Tight Ends?  I'm not so sure where you are going with this just based on his height/weight ratio...

From all accounts Roquan is an athletic, fast and instinctive player.  i don't see his height being a detriment in his ability to be a highly effective NFL player.

If you are going to knock him for his height/weight then you have to hold Calvin Ridley to the same standard going in the top-10.

10 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Say he actually measures at or around 6'1, does that mean he doesn't check the boxes and can't cover Tight Ends?  I'm not so sure where you are going with this just based on his height/weight ratio...

From all accounts Roquan is an athletic, fast and instinctive player.  i don't see his height being a detriment in his ability to be a highly effective NFL player.

If you are going to knock him for his height/weight then you have to hold Calvin Ridley to the same standard going in the top-10.

I do hold Calvin Ridley to the same standard and wouldn't take him top 10 because of lacking physical tools.

I am not saying that either shouldn't go in the 1st round. But in the top 10 I am looking for guys who meet the physical requirements of being an elite player at the position. I am not saying that a 6' ILB cannot, but a 6'3" ILB has a better physical profile.

If Roquan Smith is a transcendent talent at the position than you can make an exception, but more often than not guys with physical limitation are going to be limited by it.

I would have a hard time taking a 5'9" CB, or a 275lbs OT, or a 6'1" DE in the top 10 as well.

Based on how things look right now the value the Bears will be looking at, at the 8th pick, is more than likely at OT [Williams, McGlinchey] or at CB [Jackson, Ward]. I would not go ILB over either of those positions or either of those 4 players.

I really think that we are going to looking at a CB that has a higher grade than other positions and players.

Can we build a suitable draft after that is the question?

21 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Based on how things look right now the value the Bears will be looking at, at the 8th pick, is more than likely at OT [Williams, McGlinchey] or at CB [Jackson, Ward]. I would not go ILB over either of those positions or either of those 4 players.

I really think that we are going to looking at a CB that has a higher grade than other positions and players.

Can we build a suitable draft after that is the question?

Unless Minkah falls to #8 I can't see us going CB there.  I say this because I think there's a good chance that both Fuller and Prince will be back in 2018.

Plus on the Ohio State and ESPN websites they list Denzel Ward at 5'10 190.  Doesn't that not fit your profile of a top-10 player?

9 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Unless Minkah falls to #8 I can't see us going CB there.  I say this because I think there's a good chance that both Fuller and Prince will be back in 2018.

Plus on the Ohio State and ESPN websites they list Denzel Ward at 5'10 190.  Doesn't that not fit your profile of a top-10 player?

Josh Jackson.

5'10" you can live with at CB if he has elite physical tools [40, vertical, cone work].

1[1] Cleveland Browns: QB Josh Rosen [UCLA]

1[2] New York Giants: QB Sam Darnold [USC]

1[3] Indianapolis Colts: OLB Bradley Chubb [NC St]

1[4] Cleveland Browns: RB Saqaun Barkley [Penn St]

1[5] Denver Broncos: QB Baker Mayfield [OU]

1[6] NY Jets: CB Minkah Fitzpatrick [Alabama]

1[7] Tampa Bay Buccaneers: S Derwin James [Florida St]

Just now, WindyCity said:

Josh Jackson.

5'10" you can live with at CB if he has elite physical tools [40, vertical, cone work].

1[1] Cleveland Browns: QB Josh Rosen [UCLA]

1[2] New York Giants: QB Sam Darnold [USC]

1[3] Indianapolis Colts: OLB Bradley Chubb [NC St]

1[4] Cleveland Browns: RB Saqaun Barkley [Penn St]

1[5] Denver Broncos: QB Baker Mayfield [OU]

1[6] NY Jets: CB Minkah Fitzpatrick [Alabama]

1[7] Tampa Bay Buccaneers: S Derwin James [Florida St]

Bingo. I think we over-pay for Fuller to return, and then pair him up with a stud in Josh Jackson.

In round 2, you can go after your pass rusher... should be some quality players there.

I think we make a play for WRs in free agency and perhaps in round 4 or 5.

2 minutes ago, G08 said:

Bingo. I think we over-pay for Fuller to return, and then pair him up with a stud in Josh Jackson.

In round 2, you can go after your pass rusher... should be some quality players there.

I think we make a play for WRs in free agency and perhaps in round 4 or 5.

I think we could also go WR in the 2nd round, there appears there will be more value there than at OLB.

I am not sure how they are going to address OLB it is just not a good year for it. I think they should probably re-sign Houston and keep Young till the draft. There are some 2nd round OLBs that interest me, but they are far from a sure thing.

If you add Jackson and a speed WR [Kirk?] in the 2nd talk about uping your playmakers.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

I think we could also go WR in the 2nd round, there appears there will be more value there than at OLB.

I am not sure how they are going to address OLB it is just not a good year for it. I think they should probably re-sign Houston and keep Young till the draft. There are some 2nd round OLBs that interest me, but they are far from a sure thing.

If you add Jackson and a speed WR [Kirk?] in the 2nd talk about uping your playmakers.

I could see us doing that as well, but I just don't know if Kirk will fall to our second pick. We also have to keep in mind that Pace loves trading down in round 2 unless he has a player screaming at the top of the board. I almost expect it at this point, but yeah we should have some options there.

I think (not necessarily what I want) that White and Meredith are locks at WR. I think Markus Wheaton might actually stick around, and if he is cut it would be in camp if Nagy doesn't like what he sees. I don't know if Wright comes back, but I do think he'll be replaced by Albert Wilson.

White

Meredith

Wilson

Wheaton/Rookie

Rookie/Wheaton

1 minute ago, G08 said:

I could see us doing that as well, but I just don't know if Kirk will fall to our second pick. We also have to keep in mind that Pace loves trading down in round 2 unless he has a player screaming at the top of the board. I almost expect it at this point, but yeah we should have some options there.

I think (not necessarily what I want) that White and Meredith are locks at WR. I think Markus Wheaton might actually stick around, and if he is cut it would be in camp if Nagy doesn't like what he sees. I don't know if Wright comes back, but I do think he'll be replaced by Albert Wilson.

White

Meredith

Wilson

Wheaton/Rookie

Rookie/Wheaton

I doubt our offensive head coach, on a team with a crippling bad offense, is going to go into the season relying on White/Wheaton/4th round rookie to fill a prominent role on offense.

Just now, WindyCity said:

I doubt our offensive head coach, on a team with a crippling bad offense, is going to go into the season relying on White/Wheaton/4th round rookie to fill a prominent role on offense.

Only one football, man... Howard is going to get a ton of carries, Cohen a ton of touches, Shaheen is going to be involved, etc.

6 minutes ago, G08 said:

Only one football, man... Howard is going to get a ton of carries, Cohen a ton of touches, Shaheen is going to be involved, etc.

It isn't necessarily just about who is getting the football.

What Shaheen is doing is going to be set up by what the outside WR is doing. If we have a scrub at that WR position than you cannot do what you want with Shaheen.

I would be surprised if both premium picks ended up on defense.

7 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

It isn't necessarily just about who is getting the football.

What Shaheen is doing is going to be set up by what the outside WR is doing. If we have a scrub at that WR position than you cannot do what you want with Shaheen.

I would be surprised if both premium picks ended up on defense.

If that's the view then we sure as hell better bring Fuller and Amukamara back.

Archived