Ted Thompson to transition into a new role within the organization. GB will begin a search for a new GM.

marky mark

If we hire Ball we run the risk of losing 3 football guys in Wolf, Gutekunst and Highsmith. If we do chose to take that direction I wonder if Scot McCloughan would be an ideal candidate to replace one of their roles? It would make sense to me if we want to retain the high level scouting and front office culture in Green Bay. Of course Sullivan and Wojciechowski would be in line for promotions too.

sad day in Packerland. I can promise you this, whatever GM we end up hiring it is incredibly unlikely he is as successful as TT was here. Dude was the best and I thank him for everything. Glad he is staying with the team.

This next part gets damn interesting. I wonder who Ted would personally recommend take over? 

2 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

I'm old enough to remember when the Ted fans insisted we should never believe a word out of TT or MM's mouths at these press conferences. LOL

And Thompson indicated? The same Ted that Murph made clear would not be speaking about "his decision" to step aside? Yeah right.

Anyway, whether Ted in a lucid moment realized the GM job was beyond him or whether as others have reported his slippage became too much for the BOD to countenance any longer, the deed is now done.

As long as Ted has finally been put out too pasture, all is good.

Happy New Year for Green Bay Packer fans.

Still fighting reality, eh?

"playoffs look pretty good right now" "we need to catch up with the vikings"

Seems like da real MM (Mark Murphy) is seeing that the personnel department has fallen behind the Vikes.  We are buoyed by Aaron, but the rest of their roster is far stronger.

We could trade Bakh for their 3 best defenders and we'd still be way behind if they found a way to clone Aaron.

6 minutes ago, ptisme said:

I'm guessing they have their man and he's ok with MM.. Rooney Rule

Remember Ted was forced to work with Mike Sherman when he was first hired. Next year Ted fired him.

Could be similar. Green Bay likes McCarthy they will see if the new GM can work with him this coming year... if not I’m sure the new GM can clean house if he sees fit.

By the way, @incognito_man

this is an excellent deep dive into McCloughan pre-redskins, when he was running his scouting agency.  He's also a great twitter follow during the year, since he's extremely candid on the process he went through when making picks, and often gives his candid evaluations of prospects and pros.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/12014699/scot-mccloughan-nfl-best-talent-scout-self-employed-living-farm

5 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

"playoffs look pretty good right now" "we need to catch up with the vikings"

Seems like da real MM (Mark Murphy) is seeing that the personnel department has fallen behind the Vikes.  We are buoyed by Aaron, but the rest of their roster is far stronger.

We could trade Bakh for their 3 best defenders and we'd still be way behind if they found a way to clone Aaron.

We were 4-1 and defense was looking good before Aaron went down. Lets calm down. We are still the class of the NFC top to bottom. 

Just now, skibrett15 said:

And this is my point?  Team is entirely buoyed by Aaron.

He makes 25% of our salary cap. Last time i checked having the best player in football is still the best way to win a Super Bowl. There's no better way to do this, trust me. I wish we had hit on our later picks also but it's a lot easier said than done. 

Archived