Ted Thompson to transition into a new role within the organization. GB will begin a search for a new GM.

marky mark

10 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

McGinn is losing it. He also proposed that board of director ousted TT story that most people seem to think is false.

Yeah. My skepticism with this is IF Ball was predetermined than why not just name him as GM? IIRC, Wolf and Harlan didn't waste a lot of time/effort naming their guys.

The MM not wanting Ball actually makes sense in my scheming mind. I suspect that MM would love a louder voice at the talent acquisition table. I speculated that perhaps MM drove the 1yr extension vs the FO.

MM could have any job he wanted in the league. He could demand more input and get it if he wanted it. He's that good.

Perhaps he wanted to see if the next GM is more aggressive. If he is, and MM feels his voice is heard, he sticks around. If not, he can leave (coincidentally at the same time as Rodgers) if he prefers.

Wouldn't that be an attractive pair...

It’s very interesting to see if the Ball/McCarthy dynamics are true. Because if so... we are getting Ted 2.0 who is even better at ignoring FA.

Also I figured Ball would represent the best chance of McCarthy staying in GB past the 2018 season.

Outside of John or Reggie returning.

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

The MM not wanting Ball actually makes sense in my scheming mind. I suspect that MM would love a louder voice at the talent acquisition table. I speculated that perhaps MM drove the 1yr extension vs the FO.

MM could have any job he wanted in the league. He could demand more input and get it if he wanted it. He's that good.

Perhaps he wanted to see if the next GM is more aggressive. If he is, and MM feels his voice is heard, he sticks around. If not, he can leave (coincidentally at the same time as Rodgers) if he prefers.

Wouldn't that be an attractive pair...

Ya, Rodgers wouldn't get tagged and we'd let him walk with MM... 

1 minute ago, IrishGreen said:

Personally want an external GM candidate. Sometimes I think this org prefers their own guys a little too much. Nothing wrong with new/outside perspective 

I still don't understand this fascination with having to hire an internal or external candidate.  Give me the best man of the job regardless of where he came from.

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I still don't understand this fascination with having to hire an internal or external candidate.  Give me the best man of the job regardless of where he came from.

The fascination comes from wanting to see change. Someone outside of the building is seen automatically as someone that would do it differently then what GB has in house.

43 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Didn't someone already report that Joe Whitt was the favorite to win the DC job yesterday?

Lots of rumors to sort through. That McGinn article I cited earlier also mentioned Fangio as a favorite target.

So who knows.

Archived