Ted Thompson to transition into a new role within the organization. GB will begin a search for a new GM.

marky mark

2 minutes ago, EirePacker said:

It's hard to know though what was Schneider & what was Carroll's work in terms of draft picks and player accusations

So if that's the case, we can't give him credit for anything either.

I'm fairly sure he was the lead guy on Russ Wilson. I think he's fine, I just don't think he's nearly as good as everybody here thinks he is.

We all know that Ball does not have any scouting experience. But what about Wolf and Gute?

Wolf entire career has been on the pro side, which scouts upcoming opponents, free agents and players currently under contract with the team. He got promoted to football operations overseeing both college and pro scouting (as I understand it)

Gute was the east coast area scout for many years and then he got promoted to pro personel where he spent the last two years. As I understand it he's basically working under Wolf. He's basically the closest we've got to a college scouting background.

If we wanted someone with a college scouting background then Hightower or Jon-Eric Sullivan would've been the internal candidates to interview.

Having said all that, TT had a pro-personel background so what do I know lol!

Just now, MNPackfan32 said:

I'm fairly sure he was the lead guy on Russ Wilson. I think he's fine, I just don't think he's nearly as good as everybody here thinks he is.

He's certainly better at evaluating defensive talent than Ted, but he's not been nearly as good on the offensive side.

3 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Again... chicken or the egg. Is it the bad players or bad offensive staff there? Similar to Green Bay’s defense here. Plus similar to Green Bay every time they get a guy... they get injuried on the oline.

Also people are going to have misses, can’t hit on everything. Plus Wilson isn’t Aaron Rodgers soooo a healthy Wilson doesn’t mean guaranteed playoffs and the way Carroll runs his team makes that situation a bomb waiting to explode at any sign of trouble.

They are a horrible offensive line regardless of health. We put together a competent offensive line after burning through like 5 tackles. And it should be easier for them to make the playoffs, they are supposed to have a good defense, but that was exposed this year too.

Just now, Chili said:

We all know that Ball does not have any scouting experience. But what about Wolf and Gute?

Wolf entire career has been on the pro side, which scouts upcoming opponents, free agents and players currently under contract with the team. He got promoted to football operations overseeing both college and pro scouting (as I understand it)

Gute was the east coast area scout for many years and then he got promoted to pro personel where he spent the last two years. As I understand it he's basically working under Wolf. He's basically the closest we've got to a college scouting background.

If we wanted someone with a college scouting background then Hightower or Jon-Eric Sullivan would've been the internal candidates to interview.

Having said all that, TT had a pro-personel background so what do I know lol!

Both scout the college guys, they're in the war room, and after round 1 lately Wolf/Gute have been handling the press duties regarding our picks. At this point on, there's really no point in pro scouting anymore, I'm sure they turn their attention to the college game.

Just now, MNPackfan32 said:

I have no preference either way with him. Just would like to know if Seattle's poor cap management was up to him or was it Carroll demanding x y and z without any care of the affect. It's the same with the draft, was Schneider responsible solely for the last few drafts or did Carroll demand some of the guys chosen etc

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

This doesn't surprise me that we asked and Seattle said no.  At least Murphy is leaving no stone unturned.  That's about all we can ask.

Just signed back on.....and no, nothing surprising. GB just doing due diligence IMO. I think the fan perception that few outsiders want to interview is a fairly long held view that the next GM will come from within....but we'll see. Happy Frozen Saturday eh? Its in the 40's down here and single digits on the east coast.

6 minutes ago, MNPackfan32 said:

They are a horrible offensive line regardless of health. We put together a competent offensive line after burning through like 5 tackles. And it should be easier for them to make the playoffs, they are supposed to have a good defense, but that was exposed this year too.

Did we though? Only when Bahk came back. And still I would argue everyone was quick to blame a Hundley for the sacks and line issues. When in reality the oline was just bad this year.

As for the defense they lost Avril, Sherman, Cancellor and Wagner was fighting injury. Cancellor and Avril likely have career ending injuries. Take out that many playmakers of course the defense will struggle.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Just signed back on.....and no, nothing surprising. GB just doing due diligence IMO. I think the fan perception that few outsiders want to interview is a fairly long held view that the next GM will come from within....but we'll see. Happy Frozen Saturday eh? Its in the 40's down here and single digits on the east coast.

I am sick of the cold but those up north laugh at me when I complain.  lol

Just now, Pugger said:

I am sick of the cold but those up north laugh at me when I complain.  lol

Oh thats right.....your're back down here LOL. It got confusing a few months back.......

True - in relative terms we really cant complain - but hang around tropical temps for awhile and it doesnt have to get severely cold for it to really feel cold..

3 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Did we though? Only when Bahk came back. And still I would argue everyone was quick to blame a Hundley for the sacks and line issues. When in reality the oline was just bad this year.

As for the defense they lost Avril, Sherman, Cancellor and Wagner was fighting injury. Cancellor and Avril likely have career ending injuries. Take out that many playmakers of course the defense will struggle.

Lane Taylor played pretty well at LT when asked to. Taylor, McCray and Patrick all UDFA all proved they belong. 

Also, I'm giving no pass on injuries. Nobody got a pass when we lost Franklin, Finley, Collins, and Shields to career ending injuries. And that's just the career enders...

Archived