The Tottenham Hotspur thread - London's best.

kempus

4 hours ago, AustrianNiner said:

That Rose interview was kind of shocking tbh. Wouldn't want that guy on my next season. While Rose has been pretty good he's also pretty injury prone and certainly not irreplaceable.

Yeah, it was pretty stupid. Just called out pretty much everyone at the club. Like I said, Shaw and cash would work for everyone.

The rumours section is a pretty grim read this morning. Rumours of mass unrest at the wage structure. I don't believe this is true. Almost every squad player has signed a new contract within the last year. Why sign it if you're going to be unhappy less than a year later? I think it's more the media trying to **** stir. I wouldnt be that unhappy to get rid of Rose, though.

6 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

Because they are dumb footballers who read the Daily Star? 

Perhaps. I'm not that big of a believer in ITK, either. But, a Spurs forum that I frequent, has a couple of posters who usually post pretty good information. One of those guys said that the rest of the team and Poch were fuming at Rose, at training. Who knows what to believe. The "Spurs have a mutiny on their hands", probably sells a lot more papers.

1 minute ago, texans_uk said:

Is it pure coincidence that this came up right after the United rumors started? 

Doubtful. He specifically said he wants to move up North. It's just fairly unbelievable that he's come out on the press and said it as bluntly as that. Spurs should sell him if we get Shaw and cash back.

Easy win in the end. Laboured first half, but Newcastle never threatened or even looked like they intended to. Shelvey was a buffoon and our goals were both superb.

Eriksen was the best player on the pitch. Kyle Walker Peters was also superb, which is one of the biggest positives from the game. Looked very composed on the ball, built play nicely and did a good job against the very quick Atsu. Absolutely looked like a Premier League player.

Great to get the 3 points from a potentially very difficult game. Newcastle looked very poor, but I'm sure they will have much better performances this season, especially at home. Happy to get that out of the way. Onto Chelsea next week. Big.

Edited by kempus

Spurs being linked with Aurier, Davinson Sanchez, Sessegnon and Kondogbia, today. Sanches will happen, imo. We love an Ajax player. Sessegnon would be a great buy too. Pay the fee and then leave him at Fulham for the year, imo. Kondogbia would be another great signing. Apparently he's had a big falling out at Inter, so I guess it's possible. Finally, I'm not that keen on Aurier. 

38 minutes ago, kempus said:

Spurs being linked with Aurier, Davinson Sanchez, Sessegnon and Kondogbia, today. Sanches will happen, imo. We love an Ajax player. Sessegnon would be a great buy too. Pay the fee and then leave him at Fulham for the year, imo. Kondogbia would be another great signing. Apparently he's had a big falling out at Inter, so I guess it's possible. Finally, I'm not that keen on Aurier. 

I know this transfer window has been insane but if that 25m offer for Sessegnon was legit Fulham would be idiots not to accept it. Yeah he could be worth a lot more but he's basically had half a season and hasn't really proved anything. 

30 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

I know this transfer window has been insane but if that 25m offer for Sessegnon was legit Fulham would be idiots to accept it. Yeah he could be worth a lot more but he's basically had half a season and hasn't really proved anything. 

To accept it or not accept it?