Funniest Movies Of 2017

the lone star

The Disaster Artist was probably the funniest movie I saw, especially Zac Efron’s scene. I couldn’t hold it together.

The Big Sick had some good funny parts also.

Couldn’t name 5 and definitely not 10. Seemed like a rough year for comedies. Plus, I don’t laugh that easy so a lot of stuff that is meant to be funny just isn’t to me.

Get Out

I really don't understand how so many people think Get Out was a supremely funny movie. It was funny, I don't dent that. But it really wasn't THAT funny IMO. Great social commentary, most of all just tremendously creative and 'new' but hilarious, I don't see it. I think the movie has become slightly overrated because it was such a pleasant surprise. I am very excited to see Peele direct more films tho.

7 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I really don't understand how so many people think Get Out was a supremely funny movie. It was funny, I don't dent that. But it really wasn't THAT funny IMO. Great social commentary, most of all just tremendously creative and 'new' but hilarious, I don't see it. I think the movie has become slightly overrated because it was such a pleasant surprise. I am very excited to see Peele direct more films tho.

I think that’s the joke. It was nominated(won?) a golden globe for best comedy.

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:
9 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I think that’s the joke. It was nominated(won?) a golden globe for best comedy.

Yeah, kind of. It definitely had some funny moments, that were intended to be funny too. At the same time, if you're asking for the top 10 funniest movies of 2017, I don't see how Get Out doesn't make that list. There's no way there was 10 movies funnier than it this year, even if it wasn't strictly meant to be a comedy. 

Archived