Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

7 minutes ago, Norm said:

If my team hired Hackett to be the HC I'd stop watching football

Yea, no disrespect to Hackett, but hiring him from a team with Rodgers and MLF is no different than the Bears taking Nagy from Mahomes/Reid and thinking he was the answer. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Yea, no disrespect to Hackett, but hiring him from a team with Rodgers and MLF is no different than the Bears taking Nagy from Mahomes/Reid and thinking he was the answer. 

He might end up being good idk, but I wouldn't want to be the one to try and find out. 

18 hours ago, craig said:

Rules-wise, were they at a deadline where that had to happen, regardless of how ready he is or isn't?  Or was this unnecessary, and they could have done this a week or two later if they wanted to?  I know he practice yesterday, so that was an indication that he's progressing.  But kinda wondering whether the return from IR provides any versus zero indication of progress?  

Nope no rule. You can bring guys back at any point up to the SB, just like the Bucs did last season with Vea. From the limited stuff I saw, Myers looked good. The more important question is would the Packers reinsert a rookie at C at this point over Patrick? I'm not so sure Myers is getting the starting job back for this season. 

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Nope no rule. You can bring guys back at any point up to the SB, just like the Bucs did last season with Vea. From the limited stuff I saw, Myers looked good. The more important question is would the Packers reinsert a rookie at C at this point over Patrick? I'm not so sure Myers is getting the starting job back for this season. 

* Wrong quote.

Edited by packfanfb

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

And Myer's still has a brace on that knee.....or did when last seen at practice at least. So, he's not all the way back yet. Like you, I'm not sure he's slated to start right off.....but having him back is nothing but a good thing.

Edited by Leader

Just now, Leader said:

And Myer's still has a brace on that knee.....or did when last seen at practice at least. So, he's not all the way back yet.
Like you, I'm not sure he's slated to start right off.....but having him back is nothing but a good thing.

For depth if nothing else. I want no part of ever seeing Jake Hanson at C in a meaningful game. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

For depth if nothing else. I want no part of ever seeing Jake Hanson at C in a meaningful game. 

Now.....apply that theory to LT.

If Bak's not all the way back ..... do we sit Yosh (who I think has been holding his own).
That's why I'd like for Bak (and others) to get some reps in this DET game.

8 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

You're hoping that Hackett learned a bunch from LaFleur.  But Hackett has previous OC experience, but his QBs were EJ Manuel (Buffalo) and Blake Bortles (Jacksonville).  I'm not sure how successful anyone can be with those two.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

You're hoping that Hackett learned a bunch from LaFleur.  But Hackett has previous OC experience, but his QBs were EJ Manuel (Buffalo) and Blake Bortles (Jacksonville).  I'm not sure how successful anyone can be with those two.

I guess getting to the AFCCG with Bortles as your QB is a pretty damn good achievement. I'd probably hang my hat on that more than anything, lol. 

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, we can go back to the LaFleur hire and how leery people were about him.

Having talent always helps. It's why as long as the incoming coach could manage 12, the job at GB was always going to be one of the hottest tickets in town. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

Having talent always helps. It's why as long as the incoming coach could manage 12, the job at GB was always going to be one of the hottest tickets in town. 

Tennessee's offense was pedestrian and that was even with Derrick Henry on the roster.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Tennessee's offense was pedestrian and that was even with Derrick Henry on the roster.

Wasn't their passing offense pretty devoid of talent though? I can't even think of a WR on that team and Mariota at QB right? I can understand why that offense wasn't booming. 

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Wasn't their passing offense pretty devoid of talent though? I can't even think of a WR on that team and Mariota at QB right? I can understand why that offense wasn't booming. 

Yes.  I think that was the main reasoning why people were high on LaFleur.  He was putting up an average offense with Mariota as his QB.