Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

25 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Yea, no disrespect to Hackett, but hiring him from a team with Rodgers and MLF is no different than the Bears taking Nagy from Mahomes/Reid and thinking he was the answer. 

Our last two coaches have come from floundering offenses. Being a HC has a lot more involvement than the players you were around and the scheme you use. 

Whoever takes the Jacksonville has to fix a broken locker room, that's the #1 quality they need to look for.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Our last two coaches have come from floundering offenses. Being a HC has a lot more involvement than the players you were around and the scheme you use. 

Whoever takes the Jacksonville has to fix a broken locker room, that's the #1 quality they need to look for.

You mean to tell me Urbs wasn't a good locker room guy? 

I know the ultimate goal for a lot of these assistants is to eventually be a HC, so when the opportunity arises you wanna seize it....but man, I would not want my first HC job to be with the Jags, especially if they keep Baalke.

Certainly hope he doesn't end up with the Bears or else I'd have to root for his failure

6 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Still holding out hope he's on the practice field during the bye week. Funny feeling that's been the Packers' secret plan for a while. 

Very possible.  LaFleur said the other day that given Z's experience it might not take him much time to get ready for action .. or something along those lines.  That coupled with Rodgers positive outlook from last week on Z returning and I think we will see him soon. 

21 minutes ago, Leader said:

Green Bay Packers -   LBs  Preston Smith & Rashan Gary each recorded a sack in Week 17.

Smith (9.0) & Gary (9.5) became just the second LB duo in Packers history (since 1982) to both register nine-plus sacks in the same season.

The first was just two years ago, Z and P in 2019.

Bill Huber -   How much money will you make this weekend? Preston Smith will make $750,000 if he gets one sack on Sunday. More than that, he's gone from cost-cutting cut to potential defensive fixture with a big-time season.

///

If Smith gets his sack....I'll have to check my stock portfolio to see how I compare  :)