Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Our poor matchups are teams that get to the playoffs.

Any team with a strong EDGE rush is going to give Rodgers fits, and the blueprint is pretty available on how to beat Rodgers.

I wouldn’t say the bold. Green Bay has beaten many playoff teams. They literally just keep running into like the one or two teams in the nfc field that provides the worse matchup. The matchup that requires them to be perfect. My point was rams aren’t THAT team, so they got alittle luck in not seeing GB on their run to the Super Bowl. Just like GB did with Favre when they didn’t need to face Dallas.

As you stated that “matchup” is easy to pick out, hence why fans are like “hope we don’t see the 49ers, TB, etc.”

Under Rodgers the issue is has been the offense always disappears because they play a strong defense and the defense has never been strong enough to make guys like Jimmy G… look like Jimmy G.

That makes this last postseason so upsetting. They finally did… but Rodgers continues to fade in the postseason and like in 2014 GBs special teams… were special.

2 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I wouldn’t say the bold. Green Bay has beaten many playoff teams. They literally just keep running into like the one or two teams in the nfc field that provides the worse matchup. The matchup that requires them to be perfect.

I'll disagree. Granted - I've not been eager to face either the TPA or SF Dlines - and have taken some **** from some around here that I was "scared" - please.

But we dont need to be perfect - we just need to be smarter.
Run the ball more and not hold on to the ball in the passing game.

Listen - it's well documented by now that AR loses his **** when up against such defenses. He begins to lower his eyes too soon and looks at the rush - so we need to play SMARTER.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

I'll disagree. Granted - I've not been eager to face either the TPA or SF Dlines - and have taken some **** from some around here that I was "scared" - please.

But we dont need to be perfect - we just need to be smarter.
Run the ball more and not hold on to the ball in the passing game.

Listen - it's well documented by now that AR loses his **** when up against such defenses. He begins to lower his eyes too soon and looks at the rush - so we need to play SMARTER.

But when Dillon got hurt they didn’t try to run. Also I would say they need to be perfect because the playcalling doesn’t allow them to not be.

I agree if they functioned like an intelligent team they wouldn’t need to be perfect… issue is rather it’s Rodgers or LaFlauer or both they force this team to have to be perfect with there dumb game plans at times.

Look at love vs KC… like I get love isn’t ready yet (maybe never will) but that was a garbage game plan to help make things easier. 

So because of this human aspect… they have clearly bad matchups and will continue to until they either…

1. Get more talent at position to become matchup proof… or

2. Start game planning better and not just focusing on one guy at WR when it’s clear the opposing team is telling you “we might lose but if we do it’s not going to be because of 17.”

23 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

So did you come back just to be negative all the time? It's like you're more pissed off than when you were active during a season. We have had playoff wins too. The games we lost we played bad in. Even with that said we could have and really should of won against Tampa in 2020. Just because you feel a way doesn't make it an absolute. Consider that when writing your posts.

I’m stating facts. They happen to be negative. I’m not being negative.

I’m not even being pessimistic.

I’ve said like three times today we could win a Super Bowl.

You’re reading what you want to read. Consider that when reading my posts.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Green19 said:

But when Dillon got hurt they didn’t try to run. Also I would say they need to be perfect because the playcalling doesn’t allow them to not be.

I agree if they functioned like an intelligent team they wouldn’t need to be perfect… issue is rather it’s Rodgers or LaFlauer or both they force this team to have to be perfect with there dumb game plans at times.

Look at love vs KC… like I get love isn’t ready yet (maybe never will) but that was a garbage game plan to help make things easier. 

So because of this human aspect… they have clearly bad matchups and will continue to until they either…

1. Get more talent at position to become matchup proof… or

2. Start game planning better and not just focusing on one guy at WR when it’s clear the opposing team is telling you “we might lose but if we do it’s not going to be because of 17.”

Well listen......I'm sick and tired of reliving the past.

We're running the same crew back - less some bodies. How we'll wind up cap-wise is yet to be determined.

But - I want to do ***********SOMETHING************* different this time around.

I dont want to run the same players, coaches, scheme etc back.....and expect the results to be different.
I WANT a big time WR in this draft. I want a fully functioning (read: all over the field) passing game - and to get it we need to draft a SOMEBODY. A player thats created  WOW highlights and production already - AT A TOP COLLEGE. Dont want the hottest WR on the top team from some Junior Varsity Conference. Nope. I want bona fide stud.

THEN - lets see AR bypass him.

I'm sick and tired of the "We'll be okay with these guys" thinking. I dont want just "these guys" running around out there. I want living / breathing highlight reels.

I want an OPTION to Davante!

I want a passing game that actually makes the defense DEFEND the entire field.

Okay. I'm done :)

Edited by Leader
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

We're running the same crew back - less some bodies. How we'll wind up cap-wise is yet to be determined.

But - I want to do ***********SOMETHING************* different this time around.

I dont want to run the same players, coaches, scheme etc back.....and expect the results to be different.
I WANT a big time WR in this draft. I want a fully functioning (read: all over the field) passing game - and to get it we need to draft a SOMEBODY. A player thats created  WOW highlights and production already - AT A TOP COLLEGE. Dont want the hottest WR on the top team from some Junior Varsity Conference. Nope. I want bona fide stud.

I'm sick and tired of the "We'll be okay with these guys" thinking. I dont want just "these guys" running around out there. I want living / breathing highlight reels.

You’re asking for alot of people to bypass their core beliefs and thinking for this.

To get that option to Davante… you likely need GB to draft that person early (round 1 type stuff), which they don’t value that position in that way. AND you’re asking Rodgers to trust a rookie early and often for them to be a factor in that type of way. Has he ever done this?

Unless if you are thinking year 3 of his deal… than we have a chance then.

5 minutes ago, Green19 said:

To get that option to Davante… you likely need GB to draft that person early (round 1 type stuff), which they don’t value that position in that way.

I dont care! DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT.

You’re asking Rodgers to trust a rookie early and often for them to be a factor in that type of way. Has he ever done this?

I dont care!  What he's been doing has been failing.

DEMAND HE DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT.

Unless if you are thinking year 3 of his deal… than we have a chance then.

No!!!!! We're "All In" now - I want that player who can produce highlights NOW!

DO

SOMETHING

DIFFERENT

Edited by Leader
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I’m stating facts. They happen to be negative. I’m not being negative.

I’m not even being pessimistic.

I’ve said like three times today we could win a Super Bowl.

You’re reading what you want to read. Consider that when reading my posts.

Never mind, I'll just move on.

Edited by Toddfather

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

I dont care! DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT.

I dont care!  What he's been doing has been failing.

DEMAND HE DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT.

No!!!!! We're "All In" now - I want that player who can produce highlights NOW!

DO

SOMETHING

DIFFERENT

I get all that… I’m just being realistic. If you think GBs front office is going to change their drafting philosophy or Rodgers is going to not force feed the only guy he trust in the most critical moments… you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

More realistically this falls more on LaFleur, Steno and Tom to game plan better to either force Rodgers reads… or make it so Adams is defense proof.

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

I get all that… I’m just being realistic. If you think GBs front office is going to change their drafting philosophy or Rodgers is going to not force feed the only guy he trust in the most critical moments… you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

More realistically this falls more on LaFleur, Steno and Tom to game plan better to either force Rodgers reads… or make it so Adams is defense proof.

No....you're not actually being more realistic.
Again - we cant run the same people back - with the same habits and ideas of what they're required to do - and expect what to be different? Our luck?

We need to get outside our own box and (here it is again.....) do something different. 

Take ILB. All the same "realistic" reasons you're falling back on guided our talent procurement for that position - and where'd that get us? Suddenly - a decent player falls from the heavens - we actually secure his services and HOLY **** you mean to tell me a GB ILB can actually make plays??????? Who'd have thunk it eh? Well - anybody who's watched other teams draft more aggressively for the position - they're the only ones who knew.......

I say we need a DOMINATE WR2 on the field - and I'm simply not buying that Lazard is "Jordy reincarnated" - nope - doesnt pass the eyeball test.

DO IT.

Get outside our box and comfort zone (if need be...) and DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT.

Give it a try. What do we have to lose????????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Green19 said:

Then trade Adams if Rodgers won't change and is going to stare at him play after play in the playoffs so he spreads the ball around as the play was designed.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

No....you're not actually being more realistic.
Again - we cant run the same people back - with the same habits and ideas of what they're required to do - and expect what to be different? Our luck?

We need to get outside our own box and (here it is again.....) do something different. 

Take ILB. All the same "realistic" reasons you're falling back on guided our talent procurement for that position - and where'd that get us? Suddenly - a decent player falls from the heavens - we actually secure his services and HOLY **** you mean to tell me a GB ILB can actually make plays??????? Who'd have thunk it eh? Well - anybody who's watched other teams draft more aggressively for the position - they're the only ones who knew.......

I say we need a DOMINATE WR2 on the field - and I'm simply not buying that Lazard is "Jordy reincarnated" - nope - doesnt pass the eyeball test.

DO IT.

Get outside our box and comfort zone (if need be...) and DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT.

Give it a try. What do we have to lose????????

Again I am being realistic… people rarely go outside their comfort. Look you might have reached your threshold for how things are done in GB… I’m just saying based on language and how they are going about things I don’t see them going crazy off script. Heck this Saints level cap management is probably crazy spicy for them enough.

Your point on ILB… their front office philosophy got them an All Pro ILB for nothing… they sign that dude late in the FA window and still resign him far less than other All Pro LBs in the league. That proves their point not to over react or over value that  position.

As for Lazard , I don’t think anyone is claiming he is Jordy reincarnated. If you are looking for WR help on the roster currently… our best hope is Amari. And high end that’s if he gets to Randall Cobb prime years… really high end is if LaFluer steals McVay’s play book and makes Amari into Cooper Kupp. But again… that’s based also on the trigger man’s buy in and this is all with the assumption Amari has been working tirelessly to be in this position as well.

My point is there is no reason for them to change philosophy. Rodgers has won back to back mvps doing what he has done with Adams. Gute and the front office has clearly had one of, if not, the best team in the nfc and league the last 3 years. What real reasons do they NEED to be bold and different? They can say a bad special teams play lost them that 49er game. They can say missing Bak in the nfc championship game lost them the game.

This team is going to say they had bad breaks but over the last 2 season this collection of players could of won and they likely feel they can win this season with the guys they currently have. We may not on this forum… but that’s my point is saying I’m being realistic, because I don’t see GB being bold or out of the box in thinking. They already doing that with this complete buy into Rodgers this late in his career.

6 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Again I am being realistic… people rarely go outside their comfort. Look you might have reached your threshold for how things are done in GB… I’m just saying based on language and how they are going about things I don’t see them going crazy off script. Heck this Saints level cap management is probably crazy spicy for them enough.

Your point on ILB… their front office philosophy got them an All Pro ILB for nothing… they sign that dude late in the FA window and still resign him far less than other All Pro LBs in the league. That proves their point not to over react or over value that  position.

As for Lazard , I don’t think anyone is claiming he is Jordy reincarnated. If you are looking for WR help on the roster currently… our best hope is Amari. And high end that’s if he gets to Randall Cobb prime years… really high end is if LaFluer steals McVay’s play book and makes Amari into Cooper Kupp. But again… that’s based also on the trigger man’s buy in and this is all with the assumption Amari has been working tirelessly to be in this position as well.

My point is there is no reason for them to change philosophy. Rodgers has won back to back mvps doing what he has done with Adams. Gute and the front office has clearly had one of, if not, the best team in the nfc and league the last 3 years. What real reasons do they NEED to be bold and different? They can say a bad special teams play lost them that 49er game. They can say missing Bak in the nfc championship game lost them the game.

This team is going to say they had bad breaks but over the last 2 season this collection of players could of won and they likely feel they can win this season with the guys they currently have. We may not on this forum… but that’s my point is saying I’m being realistic, because I don’t see GB being bold or out of the box in thinking. They already doing that with this complete buy into Rodgers this late in his career.

Fine. Points noted. I'm done. I've said all I have to say and there's no need for repetition.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Okay. I'm done :)

I agree with this. With them committing to paying Rodgers and Adams, they have to commit to breaking from their normal more balanced plan and really go "all in". Even if it means lighting picks on fire by making trades or blowing the cap up in future years. 

Even though I don't agree with this philosophy, they sure as hell can't half *** this window since they have basically said "Hey, we're going for it these next three years". So just go all the way there and do some different stuff. Otherwise it makes no sense why you'd bring both back at a premium cost.

Edited by Striker
  • Like 1