Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Yeah, where is he at today?  

Just getting a kick at how everyone interprets Gute's comments today completely based on what they WANT to happen. I've seen "sounds like they're prepping for a divorce" and "sounds like they're hyping Jordan to drive up his trade value". 

All that matters is what Aaron wants. Unfortunately.

Edited by Mr Anonymous

7 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Just getting a kick at how everyone interprets Gute's comments today completely based on what they WANT to happen. I've seen "sounds like they're prepping for a divorce" and "sounds like they're hyping Jordan to drive up his trade value". 

All that matters is what Aaron wants. Unfortunately.

No interpretation needed. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

No interpretation needed. 

Sure there is. Gute's reply there could just as easily mean "we have to wait to hear if Aaron wants to play here or elsewhere" as it could mean "we're at the point we're looking to deal him". And in this case those are 2 drastically different things. The part that few know is that if Aaron wants to stay in Green Bay, then he'll get his wish without fight.

Edited by Mr Anonymous

1 minute ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Sure there is. Gute's reply there could just as easily mean we have to wait to hear if Aaron wants to play here or elsewhere as meaning we're at the point we're looking to deal him. And in this case those are 2 drastically different things. The part that few know is that if Aaron wants to stay in Green Bay, then he'll get his wish without fight.

Let me sum this up a little more direct for you:

2021: There's no way Aaron is playing anywhere unless it's Green Bay

2022: There's no way Aaron is playing anywhere unless it's Green Bay

2023: We're OK with Aaron playing elsewhere.

Plain as day Gute is ready to move on. If you want Aaron back you speak exactly like you have in years past, Aaron was saying "no way in hell" I'm playing for GB in 2021, and Gute said "we're not trading Aaron Rodgers." He doesn't need to wait for Aaron's decision, he will out of respect, but this is all you need to hear to know that Gute has moved on, and if Rodgers wants to come back, I only think it happens if #1 Aaron takes a nice paycut, #2 Aaron is OK we're not getting the outdated band back together, and #3 and most importantly, it doesn't jeopardize Jordan Love's future in GB.

Based on Gute's comments there in 2023 it's : There's no way Jordan is playing anywhere unless it's Green Bay. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Let me sum up reality more clearly for you. Gute could be desiring to trade Aaron Rodgers as much as I want to bed Paige Spiranac, but if Aaron Rodgers says he wants to play for Green Bay, he's going to be playing for Green Bay.

That's never true for someone as sensitive as Aaron Rodgers. Gute says "well I save 10m in cap space by you being here, I guess you can split reps and battle Jordan for QB1." The guy isn't staying here. 

Just now, Packerraymond said:

That's never true for someone as sensitive as Aaron Rodgers. Gute says "well I save 10m in cap space by you being here, I guess you can split reps and battle Jordan for QB1." The guy isn't staying here. 

The flaw there is that Gute would never do that nor be allowed to. Hopefully one day this is clear to all of you.

2 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Let me sum up reality more clearly for you. Gute could be desiring to trade Aaron Rodgers as much as I want to bed Paige Spiranac, but if Aaron Rodgers says he wants to play for Green Bay, he's going to be playing for Green Bay.

Sure.  The first thing yu do is tell his majesty he will be playing under Frenchy's system this year, not a hybrid of his own choosing.  He'll find the bench if he doesn't.  Then you tell him he will have to compete with Love in camp and throughout the year.  Then you tell him Cobb, Lewis, and Tonyan are gone.  Lazard and Crosby may follow them.  Then you wait for him to talk.  Or more than likely whine.  Then you repeat yourself.

1 minute ago, 15412 said:

Sure.  The first thing yu do is tell his majesty he will be playing under Frenchy's system this year, not a hybrid of his own choosing.  He'll find the bench if he doesn't.  Then you tell him he will have to compete with Love in camp and throughout the year.  Then you tell him Cobb, Lewis, and Tonyan are gone.  Lazard and Crosby may follow them.  Then you wait for him to talk.  Or more than likely whine.  Then you repeat yourself.

Same reply as the post above to Raymond. The Packers are NOT going to get messy.

Edited by Mr Anonymous

Just now, Mr Anonymous said:

The flaw there is that Gute would never do that nor be allowed to. Hopefully one day this is clear to all of you.

Sorry I don't believe you. If Gute isn't looking out for the longevity of the Packers, the first thing the new president will do is show him and anyone else the door, why would he want that? Murphy isn't going to fire a GM with 1 year left in his tenure and Gute is smart enough to know that. I don't think LaFleur has much in the way of a sack, but we're talking about a guy who interned under Wolf and rose to power under Ted, two guys with a steel set. Murphy has 2 years left, no one is fearing him anymore. 

To avoid future misinterpretation, there 2 distinct points to this saga...

1. The team will abide by Rodgers wishes. If he wants to be traded, they'll grant his wish without hesitation. If he wants to come back, he'll have his job waiting for him. I say this as a factual representation of the situation as far as I know it.
  2. It is my OPINION that Rodgers will tell the Packers he wants to stay. I do not know this with any certainty. It's simply my belief that he'll want to stay. Maybe the dark man in the cave told him to go be a Jet.

Those 2 combined are why I continue to maintain that Rodgers will continue to be the starting QB for the Packers. One is based on what I know, the other based on calculated logic.