Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

12 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I've heard you never go back to a shortsnapper after you've had one 

12 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

The punts don't go as far if you have less runway.

I wandered into a bar once and realized after I had my drink that dudes were dancing with each other. There, I didn't understand the conversations going on around me, but they sounded suspiciously like the above.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Leader said:

I don’t really support Dunne throwing stones at this point. I have no doubt that 12 and many pro athletes are a PITA and balancing egos is not a fun part of the job.  When it’s your highly paid QB, you have to play ball. My trouble is Tyler and other media come off as bitter Rodgers doesn’t give them access that they want. It irks them that he goes on McAfee’s show for exclusives. I think that is a large, spiteful part of why Rodgers does it. With that being said, the main reason I don’t like this kind of article is because we don’t have the deal done yet. I agree with the conclusion that it’s time to move on and will be relieved to see it happen. I won’t feel that relief until the ink is dry on a contract and GB moves forward. I’m very much a believe it when I see it kind of guy, and I’ve yet to see the page turned. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Refugee said:

I don’t really support Dunne throwing stones at this point. I have no doubt that 12 and many pro athletes are a PITA and balancing egos is not a fun part of the job.  When it’s your highly paid QB, you have to play ball. My trouble is Tyler and other media come off as bitter Rodgers doesn’t give them access that they want. It irks them that he goes on McAfee’s show for exclusives. I think that is a large, spiteful part of why Rodgers does it. With that being said, the main reason I don’t like this kind of article is because we don’t have the deal done yet. I agree with the conclusion that it’s time to move on and will be relieved to see it happen. I won’t feel that relief until the ink is dry on a contract and GB moves forward. I’m very much a believe it when I see it kind of guy, and I’ve yet to see the page turned. 

I'll not try to divine the motivations for writing the article and simply consider it's comments / facts. I dont think it has any bearing whatsoever on how the deal's gonna get done....so I see no harm. Outside of the direct quotes, it's purely his opinion.

57 minutes ago, Leader said:

(Arguing with Tyler, not you, Leader.)

Oh come on! For one, nothing is done yet and disaster is a phone call away.

For another thing, the actual backbone move would have been to trade AR to Denver for multiple premium picks last year. This year is just damage control for previous bad decisions. I don't dislike Gute at all, but I hate the "Gute is a genius" talk. He is navigating out of a situation he created himself.

If this situation resolves and the specter of Aaron Rodgers is gone it remains to be seen if MLF, especially, takes full control of his team. The idea of those stupid personal foul penalties in the Lions game still gall me.

I get mad about Joe Barry and MLF just thinking about it.

Backbone...pffft!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Dunne has definitely picked up the Rodgers bashing torch from McGinn.  Some of the "articles" on his site read a lot like the AR bashing rants in this forum.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

(Arguing with Tyler, not you, Leader.)

Oh come on! For one, nothing is done yet and disaster is a phone call away.

For another thing, the actual backbone move would have been to trade AR to Denver for multiple premium picks last year. This year is just damage control for previous bad decisions. I don't dislike Gute at all, but I hate the "Gute is a genius" talk. He is navigating out of a situation he created himself.

If this situation resolves and the specter of Aaron Rodgers is gone it remains to be seen if MLF, especially, takes full control of his team. The idea of those stupid personal foul penalties in the Lions game still gall me.

I get mad about Joe Barry and MLF just thinking about it.

Backbone...pffft!

I think he attributed GB with *finally* getting a backbone.

14 minutes ago, Leader said:

I'll not try to divine the motivations for writing the article and simply consider it's comments / facts. I dont think it has any bearing whatsoever on how the deal's gonna get done....so I see no harm. Outside of the direct quotes, it's purely his opinion.

Dunne  has absolutely no bearing on the situation. I just am getting a laugh at his ding ding the witch is dead tone. For me, I want to celebrate Love getting his shot and wish Aaron well as a Jet, we just haven’t arrived at that point yet. 

• Like 2

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap 

Rasul Douglas has a $2M roster bonus due at 3PM March 17 (tomorrow). I can't see the Packers paying that out as currently written.

His contract will likely be restructured or cut.

There is a chance he is part of the Rodgers --> Jets trade if it can be executed by tomorrow.

There is also a chance that I will be part of the Rodgers --> Jets trade if it can be executed by tomorrow.

But I don't think it's likely.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

There is also a chance that I will be part of the Rodgers --> Jets trade if it can be executed by tomorrow.

But I don't think it's likely.

I dont either and would prefer Douglas play for us this season.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

I dont either and would prefer Douglas play for us this season.

I'm ambivalent regarding Douglass. Had a great year in '21 but '22 he wasn't more than a JAG. A lot of money for a guy like that. If he's part of the Jets trade I'm fine. IF he's restructured and plays safety this season, I'm fine. 

I think he slowed Stokes progression because he was moved and struggled.