Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

I'm ambivalent regarding Douglass. Had a great year in '21 but '22 he wasn't more than a JAG. A lot of money for a guy like that. If he's part of the Jets trade I'm fine. IF he's restructured and plays safety this season, I'm fine. 

I think he slowed Stokes progression because he was moved and struggled. 

Stokes sucked last year and the defense was better once Douglas was moved back to the boundary. People don't want to admit that, but it's true. 

6 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Stokes sucked last year and the defense was better once Douglas was moved back to the boundary. People don't want to admit that, but it's true. 

I think Stokes sucked last year because he was moved around. I agree with that idea but he's got skillz. 

• Like 1

Just now, Old Guy said:

I think Stokes sucked last year because he was moved around. I agree with that idea but he's got skillz. 

Big year for him. Had a good rookie season but last year he was a recurring liability. This year should tell us who he actually is moving forward. 

9 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Lol. Who doesn’t want to admit that? There’s one dude here who thinks Stokes is going to be excellent and everybody else knows Stokes sucked last year.

12 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol. Who doesn’t want to admit that? There’s one dude here who thinks Stokes is going to be excellent and everybody else knows Stokes sucked last year.

What he may become and what he was last year can be separate. Davante Adams sucked his second year in the league. 

I have no idea what in the hell is your point? 

Just now, Old Guy said:

What he may become and what he was last year can be separate. Davante Adams sucked his second year in the league. 

I have no idea what in the hell is your point? 

I’m not saying Stokes is always going to suck. My only issue is packfanfb acting like it’s some big secret or taboo subject that Stokes sucked last year.

There’s one person here super high on Stokes. Still. I can’t remember his username. Everyone else would admit that Stokes sucked last year. It’s not a secret, nobody denies it… Packfanfb is the poster here who always thinks every Packer other than Rodgers sucks and tries to project his dislike of Packer players and turn it into some massive conspiracy that everyone here overrates Packer players.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

I’m not saying Stokes is always going to suck. My only issue is packfanfb acting like it’s some big secret or taboo subject that Stokes sucked last year.

There’s one person here super high on Stokes. Still. I can’t remember his username. Everyone else would admit that Stokes sucked last year. It’s not a secret, nobody denies it… Packfanfb is the poster here who always thinks every Packer other than Rodgers sucks and tries to project his dislike of Packer players and turn it into some massive conspiracy that everyone here overrates Packer players.

Thank you for the clarification. I actually agree with packfanfb's last post on Stokes. This is a defining year for him. HE needs to bounce back strong. I like the idea of Douglass moving to safety with Nixon in the slot or Savage in the slot. Leave Stokes on the boundary and play to his strengths. 

• Like 1

Stokes had a rough 2022 no doubt.  When they ran press, he couldn't get off blocks and struggled to square up and tackle with good leverage.  When they ran off, it was clear he was reacting more than anticipating and teams took advantage with a lot of double moves to his side. 

Felt like Stokes didn't work like he needed to coming into last year after a really solid rookie season.  Didn't really add functional strength, didn't seem like his film study was up to snuff, didn't seem to know where his help was and how to funnel his man to it.  Talent there is elite, but his own utilization of his talent certainly wasn't.

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I'm ambivalent regarding Douglass. Had a great year in '21 but '22 he wasn't more than a JAG. A lot of money for a guy like that. If he's part of the Jets trade I'm fine. IF he's restructured and plays safety this season, I'm fine. 

I think he slowed Stokes progression because he was moved and struggled. 

From a sheer numbers' standpoint, it's hard to see Douglas being included in a Rodgers' trade.