Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

5 hours ago, Chili said:

Looking at the makeup of the Packers roster it is completely different to when Gute took over. I know that's normal but it's still quite jarring to see the difference. I've gotten so used to seeing Cobb, Crosby and Rodgers names on the roster and they're all suddenly gone. None of our 2010 superbowl winning team remains.

Very few TT holdovers left, Aaron Jones, Bakthiari, Clark. They are all that remains from the 2017 Roster. Very soon Clark will be the last man standing from the TT era and he will still only be 28 if Jones and Bakhtiari are gone next year so hopefully TT's fingerprint on the roster will still remain for for another 3-4 years before that era is officially consigned to history.

When Gute took over his very first draft pick was a trade up for Jaire Alexander. Not a bad start for his very first pick! Not quite TT Aaron Rodgers good though.

Aaron Jones loves it here. Bet he takes a massive pay cut to retire a Packer. 

Depending on his performance this year, I can see the Packers making an effort to keep him if he has another productive season. Jones takes good care of his body, think he still has 3 productive years left in him.

I'd let Dillon test the market to gage his value. Love the guy but I'm not breaking the bank to keep him.

Edited by St Vince

23 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Aaron Jones loves it here. Bet he takes a massive pay cut to retire a Packer. 

Depending on his performance this year, I can see the Packers making an effort to keep him if he has another productive season. Jones takes good care of his body, think he still has 3 productive years left in him.

I'd let Dillon test the market to gage his value. Love the guy but I'm not breaking the bank to keep him.

He's 28 years old. He's not looking for one more year after this, he's looking for one ore big contract. Big based on what RB's get. 

10 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

He's 28 years old. He's not looking for one more year after this, he's looking for one ore big contract. Big based on what RB's get. 

You sure? He took a Pay cut for 23. He doesn't seem like a money chaser especially reading this article.

https://madison.com/sports/football/professional/why-aaron-jones-said-decision-was-easy-to-stay-with-packers-even-with-a-5m/article_1a50b2b4-0430-5220-8147-6079d076b80f.html

30 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

LOL and GTFOH. hree rookie TE's though. Hope they are smart and adapt quickly. 

Any reason why Sims can't just learn the H-back role this year and transition to our starter next year?  Seems like a nice pickup for GB.

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

That's about right .. I was completely sick of the Rodgers celebrity.  Every little thing about the guy overshadowed the rest of the organization.  Now it's all about football .. until Jordan Love becomes a huge celebrity.  I'm not sure he's even into that stuff, but if he's great we will probably go thru this again.  Hopefully it's many years down the road before he wears out his welcome ;)  I take it that the organization feels like a cloud has lifted since Aaron's departure.

• Like 1