Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

6 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

We're four weeks into Doubs third season, and by all accounts it appears he's skipping practice and team meetings because he's mad about his role.  We're talking about a mid RD4 pick who's logged two decent seasons in the league.  Watson was drafted in the same class as Doubs, but ~100 picks earlier.  Watson has zero issues blocking his *** off, and Doubs is pulling this nonsense?  There is no way in the world Gute is giving Doubs a second contract.

I know reports are GB has no interest in trading Doubs.  But I would not be surprised if he was moved.  No reason to let teams know you want to move him and decrease his value.

8 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

We're four weeks into Doubs third season, and by all accounts it appears he's skipping practice and team meetings because he's mad about his role.  We're talking about a mid RD4 pick who's logged two decent seasons in the league.  Watson was drafted in the same class as Doubs, but ~100 picks earlier.  Watson has zero issues blocking his *** off, and Doubs is pulling this nonsense?  There is no way in the world Gute is giving Doubs a second contract.

Hate to say it but after this I'd tend to agree.  Not the type of player we want in the locker room.  Guess it depends on Doubs now.  Any more negative chatter he'll be traded in the offseason.  He's a solid #2 or #3.  He's not a #1.  Part of this is also scheme.  MLF does a great job of scheming guys open.  Doubs is a beneficiary of that.  Watson, Reed, and Wicks all have more potential than Doubs.  Just is what it is.  4 games into the season and he's already complaining.  MLF and Gute have to be completely pissed off.  Quitting on the team doesn't fly in GB. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I know reports are GB has no interest in trading Doubs.  But I would not be surprised if he was moved.  No reason to let teams know you want to move him and decrease his value.

What value? The guy has 1200 yards in a little over 2 seasons and he was a 4th round pick. We would be lucky to get that for him in a trade.

9 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Teams might have jumped the gun on this.  GB will first try to work it out with Doubs much like they did with Alexander.  Any more problems with him they will start fielding calls.  Still can't believe he'd pull such a boneheaded move.  

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

I'll never get the fans who are so high on Doubs.  He is a fine player, but there's nothing special about him.  Reed is special.  Watson has the tools to be special, but I'm not sure he'll ever put them together.  Doubs can play in this league, but he's never going to be someone teams build around.  Now that this side of Doubs has come to light, Gute's decision on which WR's to extend will be that much easier. Doubs won't be one of them.

Reed is the only one that shown he might be worth extending. If we give Watson a long term deal I will start a riot.

1 minute ago, StatKing said:

What value? The guy has 1200 yards in a little over 2 seasons and he was a 4th round pick. We would be lucky to get that for him in a trade.

He's been fairly productive and reliable.  Also there are some WR needy teams out there.  He could be a solid #2 on most teams.  What's that worth?  

2 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Reed is the only one that shown he might be worth extending. If we give Watson a long term deal I will start a riot.

Could throw Wicks into tha category as well.  Although it's still a bit early in the game for him.  As far as Watson he is the most talented of the bunch.  It's all about the dollars Statking.  For the right money I'd absolutely extend him. 

Just now, Scoremore said:

He's been fairly productive and reliable.  Also there are some WR needy teams out there.  He could be a solid #2 on most teams.  What's that worth?  

They will just label him as scheme dependent. If he was a first round pick people might be willing to send some decent compensation but they didn't think very highly of him when he came out in the draft and he hasn't done enough to change that perception. 

Just now, Scoremore said:

Could throw Wicks into tha category as well.  Although it's still a bit early in the game for him.  As far as Watson he is the most talented of the bunch.  It's all about the dollars Statking.  For the right money I'd absolutely extend him. 

Staying on the field is more important than anything and Watson is made of glass. Extending him would be us just burning money.

2 minutes ago, StatKing said:

They will just label him as scheme dependent. If he was a first round pick people might be willing to send some decent compensation but they didn't think very highly of him when he came out in the draft and he hasn't done enough to change that perception. 

Oh I don't know about that.  He's had some buzz in NFL circles.  The dude needs to watch Jerry Maguire.  Learn the proper way to earn the quan...

5 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Ironically, the Packers will be playing a team tomorrow who could use Doubs. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, squire12 said:

It would need to be player for player, what value is a pick to a team with championship aspirations? Not saying he's as good, but it's like San Fran with Aiyuk, the window is open, so unless you get another player at a different position who can help you more, doesn't make sense.

3 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Staying on the field is more important than anything and Watson is made of glass. Extending him would be us just burning money.

I'm bored my old lady is out of town.  Normally I'd just let this go.  Got John Wick going in the background and about to cook myself a nice juicy steak.  But back to Watson yah he can't stay on the field.  It's a risk but when he's healthy he's a game changer.  Again it's all about the dollars always about the dollars.  For the right money I'd chance it.