Venting

stl4life07

1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

This one kinda stings but the Falcons are a damn good team, no shame in losing to them. I honestly wanted Seattle in the 1st round. 

you guys just need a TE and a few pieces on the D. Like Allen Robinson or someone on the O would help to .

the Rams are on the right path .

15 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

you guys just need a TE and a few pieces on the D. Like Allen Robinson or someone on the O would help to .

the Rams are on the right path .

We drafted Gerald Everett in the second round. Hopefully he can take a big step forward next season.

2 minutes ago, RamRod said:

We drafted Gerald Everett in the second round. Hopefully he can take a big step forward next season.

I expect him to.  Honestly he flashed tonight in spats.

Tonight showed the glaring need for a proper thumper at ILB though.  And really not just a guy who can get off blocks and stuff the run but someone who can organize the defense (i.e. "green dot guy") because Tree really isn't that guy.  Hate to say it because I do like the guy, but we need a stronger, bulkier 0-Tech than Westbrook too.

Just now, The LBC said:

I expect him to.  Honestly he flashed tonight in spats.

Tonight showed the glaring need for a proper thumper at ILB though.  And really not just a guy who can get off blocks and stuff the run but someone who can organize the defense (i.e. "green dot guy") because Tree really isn't that guy.  Hate to say it because I do like the guy, but we need a stronger, bulkier 0-Tech than Westbrook too.

Westbrooks is at his best in the rotation. He's not a starter. We need to address the NT spot if we're not going to beef up at ILB.

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

That’s not the narrative at all. The narrative is Cooper two fumbles hurt and McVay didn’t run the ball enough. My observation is I felt like maybe the Rams offense was rusty and out of sync early because they haven’t played a real game since a Week 16. Why can’t one person opinion be just that? Challenging my observation is BS because again it’s my observation. I’m not trying to convince anyone of it, I’m just giving someone my observation. Plus that’s not even the reason Rams lost the game so idk why you are making it a big deal.

Cooper played last week more than he normally plays. It was his two big gaffes in the first quarter that completely blew everything up. That along with McVay falling back into his tendency of abandoning the run put us in a hole. I don't want to hear the resting the starters crap. It was the right move. Look at how good our defense looked early on. The offensive issues early in the game were present throughout when McVay wasn't sticking with the run.

Just now, jrry32 said:

Westbrooks is at his best in the rotation. He's not a starter. We need to address the NT spot if we're not going to beef up at ILB.

Fortunately it's a good draft class for that, particularly if we have Westbrooks able to rotate in and not force whoever's coming in to be a 60-70% of the downs player.  Someone like a Rubin or RJF who have played in the spot in similar schemes could be a fair stop-gap as well.

Just now, The LBC said:

Fortunately it's a good draft class for that, particularly if we have Westbrooks able to rotate in and not force whoever's coming in to be a 60-70% of the downs player.  Someone like a Rubin or RJF who have played in the spot in similar schemes could be a fair stop-gap as well.

I think I'd go after our NT in the draft. I agree that there are good options.

9 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I think I'd go after our NT in the draft. I agree that there are good options.

I also feel like, even with CB being a need and us having no 2nd, with front seven being able to counter-balance and make middling secondaries look better, if we get a shot at a mass-upside NT at #23 who can be more of the Jamal Williams/Haloti Ngata 3-down player versus the 2-down run-stuffer, you seriously consider him because that gives you a front of Brockers/???/Donald for pretty much the crux of Donald's prime.

I don't know that it's likely to happen, but this class has the kind of CB's, EDGE guys, and at least 3 QB's worthy of 1st round selection (which means that as many as 5 guys could end up going there, by rule of thumb) that if one of Vea, Payne, or Wilkins fell, I'd strongly consider them.

Just now, The LBC said:

I also feel like, even with CB being a need and us having no 2nd, with front seven being able to counter-balance and make middling secondaries look better, if we get a shot at a mass-upside NT at #23 who can be more of the Jamal Williams/Haloti Ngata 3-down player versus the 2-down run-stuffer, you seriously consider him because that gives you a front of Brockers/???/Donald for pretty much the crux of Donald's prime.

I don't know that it's likely to happen, but this class has the kind of CB's, EDGE guys, and at least 3 QB's worthy of 1st round selection (which means that as many as 5 guys could end up going there, by rule of thumb) that if one of Vea, Payne, or Wilkins fell, I'd strongly consider them.

I'll throw out another name for you: Tim Settle.

5 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I'll throw out another name for you: Tim Settle.

Forgot about him.  Another guy I like, though he's clearly more of a Day 2/3 run-stuffer than an all-arounder is Jerry Tillery.  His ability to hold the POA (minus a few games where the entire Notre Dame defense was pretty much trash) has stood out to me.  He and Fatukasi out of UConn are the mid/late round guys I'm really high on at the position this year.

7 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Cooper played last week more than he normally plays. It was his two big gaffes in the first quarter that completely blew everything up. That along with McVay falling back into his tendency of abandoning the run put us in a hole. I don't want to hear the resting the starters crap. It was the right move. Look at how good our defense looked early on. The offensive issues early in the game were present throughout when McVay wasn't sticking with the run.

Again I think you are missing my point. All I was doing is making an observation that I thought. My thought is different from yours. Its not right or wrong because its an opinion. When I see the Rams start the game with only 14yds of offense, my thought process is rust. It doesnt have to be yours or anyone else. Its not the reason the Rams lost, but that was just how I saw it early on in the game. We will never know how things wouldve played out with the Rams had the Rams starters played last week. Maybe you are right that if the Rams played last week that they still get off to a similar start this game. Who knows? All Im saying is that I dont think the Rams never had this type of slow start all season long where they didnt even move the football in first few drives. Last night was the first time all season the Rams started out like that. So again, my observation led me to think maybe it was a little bit of rust. Thats just me.

Archived