R&Ps Buccaneers mock offseason 1.0

REDandPEWTER

Retaining our own: 

- TE Cameron Brate (RFA): Re-sign to a 5 year 30 million 13 million guranteed: Brate has been one of the top 10 TEs in the NFL. We have Howard on a rookie contract. This allows us to have two dominate TEs for atleast the next 2-3 seasons. 

- WR Adam Humphries: RFA Tender

- CB Brent Grimes: 2 years 15 million only the first year being guranteed. Grimes should come back at basically a 1 year deal if he does not retire. 

- S Keith Tandy 2 year deal. He is good depth and for Special Teams purposes

- LB Adarious Glanton RFA tender: Good Depth and we have the rights to tender

- QB Ryan Fitzpatrick: Solid fill in when needed at QB. 1 year non guranteed deal. 

-G/T Kevin Pamphile: 2 year deal 3-4 million. Swing G/T and can even fill in at Center if needed. 

Cuts: Waive good bye

- DT Chris Baker

- DE Will Gholston

- RG JR Sweezy's

- RB Doug Martin

Summary: Martin and Baker are easy cuts saving almost 13 million. Gholston offered nothing to warren the 7.5 million guranteed for this upcoming season. He's not a pass rusher and he regressed in the run defense. He's a back up and you don't pay back ups that type of money. 

Sweezy is not the same player and with a back injury, those tend to linger with age. 

Trades: Bucs trade WR Desean Jackson to Cincinatti for Carlos Dunlap 

- Why? Bengals don;t have weapons and it seemed as if Winston and Jackson never got on the same page. Godwin needs to see the field more and keeping Jackson can only hinder that. Winston could connect with Evans, Brate, Howard, and Godwin deep but not Jackson. 

This makes sense for Cincy because they have young edge rushers in Lawson and Willis who have played well. Dunlap is 29 and expendable. This trade makes sense and the salaries will work. 

FA Signings: 

- DT Dontari Poe: 4 years 20 million: Mike Smith's defense in the past flourished with big opposing DTs at the helm. 

- DE Michael Bennett (expected to be released) 2 years 17.5 million : He's still friends with McCoy and is on record saying he loved Tampa. Maybe under Licht and Koetter, he will come back. 

- C Weston Richburg: 4 years 12.5 million: Let's move Marpet back to RG. Richburg is underrated at Center and not the fault of the entire Giants OL debacle. 

-  DT Jay Bromely : 3 years 13.5 million : We need to add talent and depth. Bromely offers that here in Tampa 

- DE Aaron Lynch : 1 year 2.5 million. I'm sure he's from South Florida if I'm not mistaken. He needs a 1 year prove it deal. 

- CB Malcom Butler 5 years 60 million: I think Jason Licht makes this move to get a stud Lock down CB. Butler is a baller and is looking to get paid like a Number 1 CB. 

- RB Jeremy Hill 1 year 2.5 million 

Extensions: 

- WR Mike Evans: 5 year 70 million : Evans is a number one receiver. Hands Down needs to be paid like one. We will take care of Winston next year

NFL Draft: 

1st Round: 

1. Cle: QB Sam Darnold

2. NYG- Josh Rosen

3. Indy- RB Barkley

4. Cleveland- T Williams 

5. Denver- Allen QB 

6. NYJ- Lamar Jackson 

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers select: Bradley Chubb DE NC State

- Yes we loaded up on the DL in the offseason but none of those guys are long term players. For how putrid our pressures, hits and sacks on the QB, the Bucs can load up on talent off the edge. We basically wiped out our current set of DL minus McCoy Stevie T. And Spence. So we can add even more depth and a future starting end. 

2nd Round: RB Sony Michel Georgia

- Love his blend of speed and power. Michel is a stud and we may have to move up a few picks to get him in round 1. I like what he offers in the receiving game but he is that explosive monster at RB we've been missing. 

3rd Round: Braden Smith G Auburn: Smith is a solid pass protecter and run blocker who's strong and athletic at the point of attack. We beef up our interior big time. 

4th round: Marcus Allen Safety Penn State: Licht seems to go after Nittany Lions. Allen can improve safety depth and be a future starter next to Evans. He's a solid player. 

5th round (lost due to projected move up in round two to secure Michel)

6th round: Brandon Powell WR FLorida: Could offer speed in the return game and slot. Short but well built for his size. Adds depth. 

6th round via Pittsburgh: Ike Boettger T Iowa: Adding depth to OL. 

Bucs 2018 entering Training Camp

QB: *Winston/Fitzpatrick/Griffin

RB: *Barber/Michel/Rodgers/Hill

FB: *Cross

WR:*Evans/*Godwin/Humphries/Wilson/Martino/Powell 

TE:*Howard/*Brate/Auclair

LT:*Smith/Wester

LG:*Pamphile/Smith

C:*Richburg/Hawley

RG:*Marpet/Benuoch (spelling? )

RT: *Dotson/Boettger

Defense: 

LDE:*Dunlap/Spence/Lynch

NT:*Poe/Stevie T

DT:*McCoy/Bromely

RDE:*Bennett/Chubb

WLB: *David/Lynch

MLB:*Alexander/Glanton

SLB: *Beckwith/Bond

CB:*Butler/*Grimes/*Hargreaves/Smith/Elliot

FS:*Evans/Conte

SS:*Tandy/Allen

K: Murray

P: Angerer 

Discuss. Please note that if for some reason Winston is suspended 6 games, we will have to put QB at the top of the list. 

Nice job, I dont see them dedicating that much cap to 2 CBs even though Grimes is short term.  I thought Ryan Smith who was basically a rookie fared pretty well outside.  Personally, I would not make him the dime CB.  Now depending who becomes available at safety I can see money spent there.

Licht s background suggests he wont draft a RB very high.  I think Steve Keim drafted David Johnson in the 3rd round was the highest.I like the heavy line draft thought.  Finally, I just have a feeling Murray won't be the kicker.  His lack of leg strength is evident beyond 50 and his kickoffs.  There s a bunch of UFA kickers below 30 who I believe they will pursue.

Chubb at 7 and Michel in the 2nd sound great to me. Idk if I’d burn a pick to secure him in the 2nd tho. At that point, there will be a ton of good backs. Been a fan of Michel for a while but he has really helped his stock last week. Great size to be a lead back with Barber as RB2 as well. Will be exciting to watch him, Nick Chubb and Damien Harris on Monday. 

Seems realistic except the D Jack trade. Bengals just drafted John Ross with their top 10 pick. I don’t think they give up on him yet as DJax same type WR. Dunlap would be great though just don't see it happening. Poe or Richardson is fine with me. Butler has high bust potential but its worth a shot.

On 1/8/2018 at 10:04 AM, indifference said:

Seems realistic except the D Jack trade. Bengals just drafted John Ross with their top 10 pick. I don’t think they give up on him yet as DJax same type WR. Dunlap would be great though just don't see it happening.

this and i dont think Chubb lasts til pick 7 at all, could easily see Indy or the browns at 4 pick him , or someone trade for the 4th pick just to get him , the Top DE in the class just doesnt seem realistic that he drops to pick 7

Archived