GWT: Week 19 Falcons @ Eagles

gopherwrestler

GWT: Week 19 Falcons @ Eagles  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

see abpve response, however neals stupid play at the end of the 1st half ended up playing a huge part.

what post?

Atlanta's offense was handled almost all day.
They had the drive at the end, and the Touchdown off of the muffed punt they almost squandered.

Philly's oline mauled Atlanta's smaller faster D, which was the big difference in the game.

:D

Hot damn it's almost like maybe this game played out almost just like I said it would.

Obviously my stat predictions were off but Foles had an efficient game with no TOs. Alshon came up with 2-3 huge catches that you could argue turned the game in our favor. Ajayi was great. Graham was our best player on D (tied with Cox tbh) and our D's ability to shut the ATL run game down and force their offense to be one dimensional was huge. 

Julio can continue to get 9 catches and 100+ yards every time he plays us for all I care. He alone can't beat a great defense and Schwartz knew that going into this game.

On 1/8/2018 at 4:03 AM, BAConrad said:

Our defense's ability to get pressure with just 4 guys aids our secondary a LOT and is what makes us so dangerous and hard to score on most times. This is going to be why we win IMO

I mean.....I told you so?

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

what post?

They had the drive at the end, and the Touchdown off of the muffed punt they almost squandered.

Philly's oline mauled Atlanta's smaller faster D, which was the big difference in the game.

the post that was literally right above. I just find it in poor taste that people go back and bring stuff up after, it lacks class imo so Im not gonna play into that.

However, if were being honest, philly played much better than I though they were. i wouldnt say the oline  mauled the d as yall averaged a whooping 3 yards a rush but it was enough. That dline is nasty though. Since we're also being honest, do you see philly winning the SB this year? If not, were just talking about loser #1 vs loser #4.

5 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

what post?

Yup. And our DL, especially Cox and Graham, had their way with Atlanta's OL. They basically had to abandon running between the tackles altogether, forcing them to run outside, where they then have to worry about one of the best (arguably the best) run stopping DEs in the league.

Ryan was pressured a good deal as well and he couldn't get into any sort of rhythm.

@GSUeagles14...still think that we don't have the blueprint on how to beat your crappy team?

2 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

the post that was literally right above. I just find it in poor taste that people go back and bring stuff up after, it lacks class imo so Im not gonna play into that.

However, if were being honest, philly played much better than I though they were. i wouldnt say the oline  mauled the d as yall averaged a whooping 3 yards a rush but it was enough. That dline is nasty though. Since we're also being honest, do you see philly winning the SB this year? If not, were just talking about loser #1 vs loser #4.

Normally I wouldn't be kicking you when you're down but I seem to remember you calling me an idiot for saying what I did.

So yeah, I don't feel bad at all when I rub salt in your wounds

Just now, BAConrad said:

Normally I wouldn't be kicking you when you're down but I seem to remember you calling me an idiot for saying what I did.

So yeah, I don't feel bad at all when I rub salt in your wounds

you mean last years game being relevant, yea... thats still not right. Though im not sure i ever called you an idiot.

i dont have any wounds tbh, atlanta had a flawed team this year and im not sure why but we were never going anywhere. more excited to see who we draft and see if we can get the offense right next year. Stay classy though bro.

22 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

nope, atl really beat themselves. philly get no credit.

this is a good look for you though, you should be proud.

Tell me about this because this is how I see it:

- Atlanta only scored on two drives. Both were following Eagles turnovers. The first turnover was the Ajayi fumble that actually led to an 11 play, 59 yard drive and a field goal on Atlanta's first series (scripted drive perhaps). The second turnover was the turnover on the Eagles punt return. The result of that turnover was a 4 play 18 yard TD drive by Atlanta. Those were the only two scoring drives for Atlanta. 

- Here are the rest of the drives for Atlanta in the game:

• 1st drive (as previously mentioned): 11 plays, 59 yards, FG
  • 2nd drive: 5 plays, 38 yards, Punt
  • 3rd drive: 5 plays, 27 yards, Punt
  • 4th drive (as previously mentioned): 4 play, 18 yards, TD
  • 5th drive: 5 plays, 30 yards, Punt
  • 6th drive: 3 plays, 4 yards, Punt
  • 7th drive: 10 plays, 42 yards, Punt
  • 8th drive: 3 plays, 3 yards, Punt
  • 9th drive: 14 plays, 74 yards, Turnover on Downs

- Looking at that drive breakdown, one could make an extremely convincing argument that the Atlanta Falcons didn't beat themselves. Rather, the Philadelphia Eagles defense deserves all of the credit. Atlanta's lone TD came off a turnover deep in Eagles territory allowing an 18 yard drive.

- Philadelphia was inside of Atlanta's 35 on two drives and came away with no points. The Eagles first drive, they were at the Atlanta 33 yard line when Ajayi fumbled. At the very least, they left 3 points on the field on that drive. The Eagles second drive, they were at the Atlanta 33 yard line again when Foles took a bad sack. Again, at the very least, they left 3 points on the field on that drive. 

- If anything, Atlanta was fortunate to have been in that game. The Eagles had some key mistakes that kept Atlanta in it.

3 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

Tell me about this because this is how I see it:

- Atlanta only scored on two drives. Both were following Eagles turnovers. The first turnover was the Ajayi fumble that actually led to an 11 play, 59 yard drive and a field goal on Atlanta's first series (scripted drive perhaps). The second turnover was the turnover on the Eagles punt return. The result of that turnover was a 4 play 18 yard TD drive by Atlanta. Those were the only two scoring drives for Atlanta. 

- Here are the rest of the drives for Atlanta in the game:

• 1st drive (as previously mentioned): 11 plays, 59 yards, FG
  • 2nd drive: 5 plays, 38 yards, Punt
  • 3rd drive: 5 plays, 27 yards, Punt
  • 4th drive (as previously mentioned): 4 play, 18 yards, TD
  • 5th drive: 5 plays, 30 yards, Punt
  • 6th drive: 3 plays, 4 yards, Punt
  • 7th drive: 10 plays, 42 yards, Punt
  • 8th drive: 3 plays, 3 yards, Punt
  • 9th drive: 14 plays, 74 yards, Turnover on Downs

- Looking at that drive breakdown, one could make an extremely convincing argument that the Atlanta Falcons didn't beat themselves. Rather, the Philadelphia Eagles defense deserves all of the credit. Atlanta's lone TD came off a turnover deep in Eagles territory allowing an 18 yard drive.

- Philadelphia was inside of Atlanta's 35 on two drives and came away with no points. The Eagles first drive, they were at the Atlanta 33 yard line when Ajayi fumbled. At the very least, they left 3 points on the field on that drive. The Eagles second drive, they were at the Atlanta 33 yard line again when Foles took a bad sack. Again, at the very least, they left 3 points on the field on that drive. 

- If anything, Atlanta was fortunate to have been in that game. The Eagles had some key mistakes that kept Atlanta in it.

read my other posts...

although both theams made mistakes, i dont consider bad sacks one of them. it was a sloppy game, and the weather prob played a part in that. those ducks thowing into the wind was ugly.

Moreover @GSUeagles14, if we want to talk about a team earning a win on offense, the Eagles offense did just that:

- Atlanta was up 10-9 with 5:15 left in the 3rd quarter. The Eagles took the ensuing possession and put together a 12 play, 74 yard drive that lasted 5:42 and resulted in a field goal. At that crucial point in the game, the Eagles offense made plays to put together a long drive and get points and take the lead.

- The next possession for Atlanta was a 3 and out forced by the Eagles defense. In that critical point of the game at the start of the 4th quarter, the Eagles defense made plays to get Atlanta off the field extremely quickly and give Atlanta's defense no rest. 

- The next possession for the Eagles was a 14 play, 80 yard drive that lasted 7:57 and resulted in a field goal. The Eagles on that possession had the ball for more than half of the 4th quarter and came up with the points to force Atlanta to need a TD on their final drive.

30 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

why would i give a guy who rubs a win in on an internet forum th answer he wants. Like... does it mean that much. Does anyone actially think teh eagles will win the SB with Nick foles at QB?

Too bad our team doesn't just consist of Nick Foles...this is a team game, right?

Also, I've seen worse QBs than Footlong Foles win a SB.  So, yeah anything is possible.

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

read my other posts...

although both theams made mistakes, i dont consider bad sacks one of them. it was a sloppy game, and the weather prob played a part in that. those ducks thowing into the wind was ugly.

Ok. So you're just going to ignore that the Eagles defense completely shut down the Atlanta offense outside of two drives that were coming off turnovers and the one in particular that gave them an extremely short field?

If you're going to tell me to go back and read your old posts, that's fine. But at least respond to what I wrote in my post.

Atlanta won the turnover battle 2-0.

Philadelphia won time of possession by a little more than 4 minutes.

Philadelphia out-gained Atlanta on offense by 53 yards.

And an Atlanta fan is claiming that Philadelphia didn't earn the win and that Atlanta gave it away. Interesting. 

11 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Ok i still don't get what you mean, was just asking about the Falcons beating themselves bit that you said.

Like in your opinion why was it more of the Falcons losing the game than the Eagles winning it, specifically in the ATL O vs Phi D matchup

Was it only 3? wow
I think Blount really hurt the average...watching the game though, the eagles oline really got moving to the second level on short designed pass plays too.
In highlighted vids of the matchup it seemed like there were more plays of the oline taking it to the dline than vice versa. But I'd want to look at pressure stats for a better answer.

I think it's a weird year in the league, and at this point everyone has a chance to win.
It's really who gets stuff to fall their way.
I'm excited to see where Foles and the offense starts from next week, because he seemed to gain confidence as they went along.

We can keep the games tight with our D, so to answer the question...do I think they can win just two more games?
Yes.

2 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

nope, atl really beat themselves. philly get no credit.

this is a good look for you though, you should be proud.

Would love to hear you actually explain this post rather then say look back at what you wrote elsewhere(I have yet to actually find this post).

If anything, the Eagles played the sloppier game and still won. All 10 of Atlanta's points were off turnovers, one which gave the Falcons a very short field. So how EXACTLY did ATL beat themselves when they were out gained on offense(by a team with Nick Foles starting), and were completely unable to score points without some help from a turnover, and doing these things while winning the turnover battle 2-0.

Every conclusion I draw from this says the Eagles were just the better team yesterday, curious to hear your reasoning on why that isn't the case.

Archived