2018 Mock 1st w/ Trades/Mini FA

IrishHooligan00

14 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

We have too many needs to be trading picks to move up. And I can't remember the last time we moved up in the first. I think a trade down is much more likely than a trade up. Nelson is a legitimate option if we stay at seven and Barkley, Chubb, and Fitzpatrick are all gone.

I like the Crowell signing. 

It is also a different draft anymore you can trade up as the new deals for rookies makes it better too. TB needs at least 2-3 years to fix themselves and be competitive so trading up now won't be an issue. 

On 1/8/2018 at 12:58 PM, IrishHooligan00 said:

30th - PHI - Dante Pettis WR WASH

His added return ability would make him attractive, and his skillset would be useful playing opposite Alshon.

I'd be pretty surprised if we didn't go OT since we will need one sooner than later and dont have an 2nd day picks.
But giving Carson a weapon like that won't hurt.

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

His added return ability would make him attractive, and his skillset would be useful playing opposite Alshon.

I'd be pretty surprised if we didn't go OT since we will need one sooner than later and dont have an 2nd day picks.
But giving Carson a weapon like that won't hurt.

As an Eagles Fan i agree, However i feel theres no OT that'll be worthy that arent taken already as well as that would provide a value pick. Ultimately id love to trade down and get 2 picks in the 2nd hopefully from the browns and go Pettis and Chuke that would give us both an OT and WR.

49 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

It is also a different draft anymore you can trade up as the new deals for rookies makes it better too. TB needs at least 2-3 years to fix themselves and be competitive so trading up now won't be an issue. 

It's an issue when we're trading two picks in the top 40 to move up for one guy when we've got needs at RB, CB, OG (x2), S, EDGE (x2 or more), OT, and DT.

I'd rather (and I believe we will) stay at seven and take whoever falls to us. Chubb, Barkley, Fitzpatrick, and Nelson are all the top prospects at their positions. All fill huge needs on our roster. It's likely one falls to us at seven. 

We need our high second round pick. Guys like Payne, Guice, (the other) Chubb, one of the Clemson DEs, and a boatload of promising guards should be around for the pick.

The entire regime is in 'win now' mode because their jobs literally depend on it. Moreso next year than this year. Filling as many holes as possible (twss) is far more important than trading premium picks for one guy.

1 hour ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Alexander is arguably on of the top 2 CBS in this draft and IMO #1, His game film is solid. In DEN Lynn unfortunately won't be able to make that decision. He can suggest but ultimately with Allen looking so up and down from a bad offense all over could see elway saying no. 

I meant Vance Joseph but you do make a point in Denver. It’s gonna be interesting to see where Allen goes. Cleveland taking him would be interesting because they would be passing on Darnold and Rosen.

13 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I meant Vance Joseph but you do make a point in Denver. It’s gonna be interesting to see where Allen goes. Cleveland taking him would be interesting because they would be passing on Darnold and Rosen.

Rosen doesn't wanna go there. And if Im CLE im not trusting a USC QB lol

52 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

It's an issue when we're trading two picks in the top 40 to move up for one guy when we've got needs at RB, CB, OG (x2), S, EDGE (x2 or more), OT, and DT.

I'd rather (and I believe we will) stay at seven and take whoever falls to us. Chubb, Barkley, Fitzpatrick, and Nelson are all the top prospects at their positions. All fill huge needs on our roster. It's likely one falls to us at seven. 

We need our high second round pick. Guys like Payne, Guice, (the other) Chubb, one of the Clemson DEs, and a boatload of promising guards should be around for the pick.

The entire regime is in 'win now' mode because their jobs literally depend on it. Moreso next year than this year. Filling as many holes as possible (twss) is far more important than trading premium picks for one guy.

gotta remeber there is FA as well, so not all holes need to be filled by the draft. IMO Nelson doesn't go in top 10, IMO McGlinchey made him look good. 

gotta remeber there is FA as well, so not all holes need to be filled by the draft. IMO Nelson doesn't go in top 10, IMO McGlinchey made him look good. 

I'm well aware of FA. And we'll have ~$85M to spend. But we'll also continue to build through the draft, like we have since Licht took over. And we haven't traded up in the first since he got here. We've traded back. And we move up in the later rounds. But it's really unlikely we move up from seven. We're more likely to move back up into the late first than move into the top five. And I don't see either happening.

Rosen doesn't wanna go there. And if Im CLE im not trusting a USC QB lol

Cleveland can’t afford to get this wrong AGAIN! If I’m them I’m not worried about if Rosen don’t want to go there or not. I’m not looking at USC and judging their QB history. USC has had bad WR history up until now with Woods, Agholor, and JuJu producing. So it’s about judging the talent rather than it’s history.

Do you think Cleveland pursue McCarron again?

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

Cleveland can’t afford to get this wrong AGAIN! If I’m them I’m not worried about if Rosen don’t want to go there or not. I’m not looking at USC and judging their QB history. USC has had bad WR history up until now with Woods, Agholor, and JuJu producing. So it’s about judging the talent rather than it’s history.

Do you think Cleveland pursue McCarron again?

That would be horrible, McCarron is not a starter, he is a backup. Rosen can hold out on CLE just like ELI did a few years back. IMO its Darnold vs Allen for them. 

This is a nightmare scenario for the Bears. Sign not one notable FA despite upwards of $70m in cap space, lose one of our best defenders in Kyle Fuller(who very likely will be tagged if not resigned), AND reaching for a late 1st- early 2nd round prospect. 

F

6 minutes ago, pigsooie5 said:

This is a nightmare scenario for the Bears. Sign not one notable FA despite upwards of $70m in cap space, lose one of our best defenders in Kyle Fuller(who very likely will be tagged if not resigned), AND reaching for a late 1st- early 2nd round prospect. 

F

Multiple mocks and people have him in the top 10. IMO hes not as well. Also this was a mini FA doesn't mean they'll not sign anyone. I don't think the franchise tag that a corner gets would be worth CHI doing, and i don't think he'd wanna stay in CHI especially after everyone wanting him out. 

3 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

That would be horrible, McCarron is not a starter, he is a backup. Rosen can hold out on CLE just like ELI did a few years back. IMO its Darnold vs Allen for them. 

Yeah that would be ugly if Rosen did that. I do think it’s Darnold vs Allen as well. My thinking is Allen because it’s the Brown thing to do. But yeah I agree McCarron isn’t a starter. At least not in the Cleveland situation. 

23 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Yeah that would be ugly if Rosen did that. I do think it’s Darnold vs Allen as well. My thinking is Allen because it’s the Brown thing to do. But yeah I agree McCarron isn’t a starter. At least not in the Cleveland situation. 

Rosen could hold out, but it'd cost him an enormous amount to do so.  He'd have to sit a year and then he wouldn't go at the top of the draft, maybe not even in the top 5 or more.  

8 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Yea cause the picks wouldn't turn the team around right...sorry but CLE has to stop thinking the way they do and actually be aggressive for once

Sorry, I just don't see moving back in this draft as particularly aggressive. 

Archived