2018 Mock 1st w/ Trades/Mini FA

IrishHooligan00

2 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

KC is not going to just let him walk, they're going to want something for him, 

Sure. That's what they want, I know. Will they get what they want? Maybe.

2 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

They can't just give up a conditional pick thats not how those work. 

Why not? 6th round pick that could bump all the way up to a 2nd or something depending on incentives in it and they get to unload the contract.

On 1/8/2018 at 12:11 PM, The Gnat said:

I think it's a solid chance that happens, but I feel sorry for Teddy going to Browns.

Good pick position wise for the Vikings.

I mean, I realize beggars can't be choosers, but you really think Teddy fits the profile of a Hue Jackson QB?  I mean, i get that John Dorsey is GM now but one has to think Hue is still going to have some substantial input and Teddy profiles more as the guy Hue "has had success with when he inherited" (i.e. Dalton) versus the type of guy he "has traditionally sought out" (i.e. Palmer, Pryor, Kizer - all athletic, mobile, big-armed guys).

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Sure. That's what they want, I know. Will they get what they want? Maybe.

Why not? 6th round pick that could bump all the way up to a 2nd or something depending on incentives in it and they get to unload the contract.

Because they're not going to get rid of him that low and they're going to want to get it this year as they have no 1st rounder. 

15 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I mean, I realize beggars can't be choosers, but you really think Teddy fits the profile of a Hue Jackson QB?  I mean, i get that John Dorsey is GM now but one has to think Hue is still going to have some substantial input and Teddy profiles more as the guy Hue "has had success with when he inherited" (i.e. Dalton) versus the type of guy he "has traditionally sought out" (i.e. Palmer, Pryor, Kizer - all athletic, mobile, big-armed guys).

Hue drafted Dalton and Palmer thats it, Old Browns GM drafted Kizer and Pryor is a WR not QB. Getting Teddy would be a cheap option to stop gap for a year or two till you get Josh Allen Ready as well as gets them the most dynamic RB to come out of college since AP. Barkley can change the team by himself having a vet QB to fill gap for a year or two till Allen is ready is just the smart play. Cousins wont go to CLE, MIN will keep Keenum, Im taking Teddy over all the other available QBS. Has the most upside out of all the FA left. Darnold Is not going to translate to NFL well, Rosen doesnt wanna go to CLE so you gotta do what you gotta do. Barkley at #1, Teddy in FA, and Allen #4

16 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Because they're not going to get rid of him that low and they're going to want to get it this year as they have no 1st rounder. 

Okay well we will see what they actually get. Maybe I'm selling too low.

We have too many needs to be trading picks to move up. And I can't remember the last time we moved up in the first. I think a trade down is much more likely than a trade up. Nelson is a legitimate option if we stay at seven and Barkley, Chubb, and Fitzpatrick are all gone.

I like the Crowell signing. 

If the Rams lose Tru, I wouldn’t mind them getting Butler. As for the draft, I don’t know anything about Alexander but if Key falls that far in the draft, I’d want the Rams a give up a pick the move up a few spots to get him. He is a top 5 talent that could fall due to a down season. He would be a great guy to pair with an aging Quinn who injuries has started to pile up on him in recent years.

On another take, you have Allen falling past Denver. I heard someone say that the HC Lynn used to work on Wyoming staff. We know the Broncos are in need of a QB. If they wait till the draft to get one and Allen is there, it will be interesting to see if they pull the trigger if Lynn gets a great recommendation from Wyoming about Allen. I don’t think Denver gets a QB in the draft though. I think they look at QBs like Cousins or Smith.

7 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

We have too many needs to be trading picks to move up. And I can't remember the last time we moved up in the first. I think a trade down is much more likely than a trade up. Nelson is a legitimate option if we stay at seven and Barkley, Chubb, and Fitzpatrick are all gone.

I like the Crowell signing. 

You leave Nelson alone!

10 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

If the Rams lose Tru, I wouldn’t mind them getting Butler. As for the draft, I don’t know anything about Alexander but if Key falls that far in the draft, I’d want the Rams a give up a pick the move up a few spots to get him. He is a top 5 talent that could fall due to a down season. He would be a great guy to pair with an aging Quinn who injuries has started to pile up on him in recent years.

On another take, you have Allen falling past Denver. I heard someone say that the HC Lynn used to work on Wyoming staff. We know the Broncos are in need of a QB. If they wait till the draft to get one and Allen is there, it will be interesting to see if they pull the trigger if Lynn gets a great recommendation from Wyoming about Allen. I don’t think Denver gets a QB in the draft though. I think they look at QBs like Cousins or Smith.

Alexander is arguably on of the top 2 CBS in this draft and IMO #1, His game film is solid. In DEN Lynn unfortunately won't be able to make that decision. He can suggest but ultimately with Allen looking so up and down from a bad offense all over could see elway saying no. 

Archived