2018 Mock 1st w/ Trades/Mini FA

IrishHooligan00

Can't argue, personally I think Kirk is the best WR in the draft but I know I am one of very few that think it.  Lots of talent available, Pace would really have to do something out of left field for me to be upset with our pick this year.

1 hour ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

There is no philosphy anymore, New Coach will have his own thoughts and philosphy on his QB he wants Bradford gives you a starter for a year or two bridge QB thats all. 

The front office has a philosophy on QBs and new coach will mirror that philosophy. Bradford is injury prone and not a reliable starter. Just ask Minnesota 

5 minutes ago, Smhx2519 said:

The front office has a philosophy on QBs and new coach will mirror that philosophy. Bradford is injury prone and not a reliable starter. Just ask Minnesota 

Its only a bridge QB anyways, He'll play a hell of a lot better then any of the other QBS on the roster. Also Depending on the Coach Front office might not have final say on QB, Coaches know they're married to the QB so they're going to want they're guy. 

2 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Its only a bridge QB anyways, He'll play a hell of a lot better then any of the other QBS on the roster. Also Depending on the Coach Front office might not have final say on QB, Coaches know they're married to the QB so they're going to want they're guy. 

Bidwill and Keim have both stated they’re looking for a coach that messes well with them. As for Bradford why bring in a starter that can’t stay healthy? 

I'm not quite sure why we would take McGlinchey over Nelson in this situation, since McGlinchey would just play guard for us for the next two years, but I do think he would make an excellent guard in the NFL, and I suppose having some upside for a potential tackle in the future is nice, so I wouldn't hate it by any means. Don't care for the free agency signing for the 49ers though lol. But Hill would just be a depth guy who may not even make the roster depending on how Williams does, so no harm in taking a shot on trying to revive the guys career. 

7 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm not quite sure why we would take McGlinchey over Nelson in this situation, since McGlinchey would just play guard for us for the next two years, but I do think he would make an excellent guard in the NFL, and I suppose having some upside for a potential tackle in the future is nice, so I wouldn't hate it by any means. Don't care for the free agency signing for the 49ers though lol. But Hill would just be a depth guy who may not even make the roster depending on how Williams does, so no harm in taking a shot on trying to revive the guys career. 

Hill would easily make the roster, He could even be your #1 RB, He didn't do well in CIN cause TBH its a ****ty offensive system and they could never get either RB Going. 

2 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Hill would easily make the roster, He could even be your #1 RB, He didn't do well in CIN cause TBH its a ****ty offensive system and they could never get either RB Going. 

Gio averaged 4.4 yards per carry against Hill's 3.1. That's a significant difference. The only year where Hill has averaged 4 ypc is his first, meanwhile Gio has failed to reach that plateau only once in his career. Granted, Mixon only averaged 3.5, so it could just be as simple as Gio really is a fantastic running back but has to be limited in carries. Whether or not that is system or what, that's a bad look. Anyone who signs him is doing so on a super buy low with no real financial commitment, and he would absolutely be fighting for a roster spot. Sure, he may make the roster, but at the current point in time, I wouldn't guarantee it. With us, it may be something as simple as  Joe Williams against Hill as we only carry 4 running backs, one of whom is a fullback (Juice Check). We can also rule out Hill taking Breida's speed/pass catching back role. So we would either have to dump Mostert, which seems unlikely given his special teams play, or Williams. Personally, If we are going after a running back (and I agree that we should given Hyde's free agent status), I'd like to see us shoot for the moon and go after Lewis given our cap space. Crowell could also make sense given that he and Shanny were together in Cleveland for a year. Hill doesn't excite me, though obviously at one point he was seen as a great potential, I just don't know that he's a lock to make the roster because I don't know how much of his struggles are on him, or just on the team, as you alluded to. If he's as good as you think he is, obviously I wouldn't complain if we signed him and he balled out, I just don't think he's as good as you do apparently. 

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I get the idea behind the Alex Smith trade, I just don't think the Skins would have to give up that much. Either wait for him to get cut or give up a conditional pick. 

KC is not going to just let him walk, they're going to want something for him, They can't just give up a conditional pick thats not how those work. they get a QB to fill there needs for now and get a 2nd 2nd rounder your essentially just drafting him with your 1st and getting a 2nd in return. 

Archived