2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

Does House/Tramon give us anything in the tea leaves to think Gutey is positioning himself to make a move for a pass rusher and get a CB a little later? Stand pat and take BPA rusher at 14 or as Dougherty pointed out that if Chubb were to fall to 6 or so, a trade with #45 could get you to 6 if they were willing.

If Chubb is there at 6 and for some reason Indy wants to pass on im, do you do 14 + 45 for #6? That's what Dallas gave up to get Claiborne (lol). I think id do it.

1 minute ago, ArthurPensky said:

Does House/Tramon give us anything in the tea leaves to think Gutey is positioning himself to make a move for a pass rusher and get a CB a little later? Stand pat and take BPA rusher at 14 or as Dougherty pointed out that if Chubb were to fall to 6 or so, a trade with #45 could get you to 6 if they were willing.

If Chubb is there at 6 and for some reason Indy wants to pass on im, do you do 14 + 45 for #6? That's what Dallas gave up to get Claiborne (lol). I think id do it.

If that is all it takes I with out a doubt would do it.

5 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Never been a fan of cone times, you can tell if he's athletic or not on tape, and imo he plenty is.

You may not be but it's pretty apparent the Packers value 3 cone times. I"m not sure if James meets their thresholds or not. I would imagine so if they brought him in for a visit, ect.

12 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

You may not be but it's pretty apparent the Packers value 3 cone times. I"m not sure if James meets their thresholds or not. I would imagine so if they brought him in for a visit, ect.

I think they value agility more than thresholds on tests. The film tells a different story when it comes to his agility. I think they'd have to weigh those against each other and I trust the tape.

33 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

I am starting to wonder if Gute thinks it's the opposite, and for good reason. House and Tramon are stopgaps. Perry and Matthews are not. Neither House or Tramon are #1 corners and it remains to be seen if either are capable of being #2 for an entire season. While there are injury concerns, both Perry and Matthews are starting caliber players and front offices are eager to trust the likes of a Biegel. 

I've alluded to this before. While it would be nice to get an edge to compliment this year and replace Matthews in a year, we don't know that Gute feels the same way. The CB situation is quite different and more concerning. It's not even close. As a matter of fact, Gute may even see OT as more of a need than Edge when you really think about it

11 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

Same guys who finished the end of last season or Murphy, later draft pick.

Spriggs showed progress too but I'm not sure if I'm ready to bet Rodgers' life on it. Plus that leaves you with no one behind Bahk if disaster strikes. 

Edge is attractive and fullfilling, but I'm bracing myself for something else. I think we as fans tend to talk ourselves into the more splashy picks. I'm just throwing it out there that Gute might roll with Matthews and Perry one more year

I think fans are ignoring possible OL shortages because those picks are not sexy

8 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

Wow, I sure hope not.

More likely in my mind is that they see WR as an early must get.

Gute doesn't want to look bad in dumping Jordy.   He needs to plan for being without Cobb as well next year.   I believe the Packers are going into the draft thinking they have to get a #3 WR this year who will be good enough to start next year.

Archived