Kuechly vs Lewis

Hunter2_1

1 minute ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Oh yeah, give an example of your claim while you're at it. Don't get sensitive bro, its just a bad thread, you didn't even provide a poll. Come on bro.... plus where do you come up with who's more intelligent? did you compare their wonderlic scores? or you are just guestimating? (this should be interesting).

Why would I provide a poll when I'm not asking who's better, bro? I'm just asking people to compare their skills. Maybe that's too much to comprehend for you, bro? 

18 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Why would I provide a poll when I'm not asking who's better, bro? I'm just asking people to compare their skills. Maybe that's too much to comprehend for you, bro? 

Look at you, attacking people's comprehension skills (which you have no idea of) because they don't agree with you. Pretty childish....

I think it's fair to compare Bobby Wagner and Luke Kuechly.  Both are in the same class, in my opinion.  Even if someone says Kuechly or Wagner is better, it's still pretty close.  With that said, neither one of these guys are anywhere near Ray Lewis. 

22 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Look at you, attacking people's comprehension skills (which you have no idea of) because they don't agree with you. Pretty childish....

What do you mean don't agree with me. What do you not agree with? 

20 hours ago, showtime said:

I think it's fair to compare Bobby Wagner and Luke Kuechly.  Both are in the same class, in my opinion.  Even if someone says Kuechly or Wagner is better, it's still pretty close.  With that said, neither one of these guys are anywhere near Ray Lewis. 

I do too. I also haven't said either are better than Ray. How would you compare Keuchly to Lewis, in terms of their abilities? 

6 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I was actually referring to the grammatical/spelling errors, but yeah that too.....

Was a typo, not a grammatical error. You need a comma after "yeah", which isn't strictly a real word. Done with you. On to ignore you go. 

On 1/9/2018 at 1:40 PM, MSURacerDT55 said:

Oh yeah, give an example of your claim while you're at it. Don't get sensitive bro, its just a bad thread, you didn't even provide a poll. Come on bro.... plus where do you come up with who's more intelligent? did you compare their wonderlic scores? or you are just guestimating? (this should be interesting).

bro.

dude.

bruh.

totally cereal man.

Watching both players I think it's perfectly reasonable to say Kuechly is the smarter player.   He is tasked with more coverage responsibilities while Lewis was tasked with more run and blitz responsibilities.   Coverage schemes are typically more complex to remember as opposed to just memorizing gap responsibilities.  Lewis was better at more things but Kuechly is asked to do more, whether that be because of era and development of the game or not is hard to tell.

On 1/9/2018 at 11:59 AM, Yin-Yang said:

Ray Lewis

Gap (Patrick Willis)

Luke Kuechly

Yep, I'm with you. Kuechly is obviously a phenomenal player, but he's nowhere near as good as Raw Lewis and to me, a step below P-Willy as well.  Though you could definitely make an argument between those two.

On 1/9/2018 at 12:26 PM, Darth Pees said:

Well then I guess it goes without saying that Ray Lewis was able to be the best MLB in a predominantly run-first era (the early 2000's) as well as a predominantly pass-first era (the late 2000's) and had a 6 INT season in 2006. As of right now it's not even a comparison between Ray and Kuechly. Also, the analysis that Ray is "Also intelligent, but probably not quite there with Luke" is a joke. Lewis was an absolute student of the game on defense and a lot of the big plays in Ray's career came from purely instincts and knowledge of what was going to happen, like this play:

Image result for ray lewis darren sproles gif

Saying he isn't as smart Kuechly is purely subjective and based on absolutely nothing. Same with not mentioning how much better of a leader Ray Lewis is than Kuechly. There's a reason Ray Lewis spawned an entire coaching tree and is widely regarded as one of the best leaders in all of football during his days. I understand wanting to prop Kuechly up because he's the hottest new toy in the NFL at MLB, but this just isn't a comparison at this point in time.

Just being honest, but this GIF looks like Lewis simply shot the gap, and got lucky..  it was a nice play though, but not really a good illustration of intelligence..

Archived