Jaguars vs. Steelers Divisional Playoff GDT

JLambert58

2 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

he looked retired on the sidelines when down 14-0. Wasn't scheming with coaches or players, instead had jacket etc keeping warm. Could  careless by the looks of it at that time.  AB save the game as did the TD to bryant. Regular in game play was quite bad over all 

Unless you were at the game watching him specifically I would say much like this.  Just because they didn't show it on TV doesn't mean he didn't do it.

We've known for a while now, Ben likes to come off the field and study things on his own and recall the series without anyone to talk to, and then go to coaching and talk it over.

1 minute ago, 1BackInBlackFan said:

So Simms just said that Ben checked out of that last fourth down play.

It was a clear audible. But there shouldn't even be a decision on that sort of play. You line up and sneak it. It's almost automatic in the NFL. It's basically a free first down.

They have cut it out of their playbook and some explanation as to why needs to be provided.

Just now, CKSteeler said:

10 seconds likely doesn't win the game, but it gives you a chance. And it's a mistake we've seen made by Tomlin over and over again always with moronic explanations to justify it. He. Does. Not. Learn.

Well, again, there were so many terrible decisions that put us in the position we were in that that decision doesnt seem like a big deal.

I agree Tomlin doesnt learn.....and thats my biggest issue with him.   

4 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

It only wouldve saved about 10 seconds in this case.

There were so many stupid decisions made today...but that one doesnt really stick out.

"only"

it would have increased the win % from something like 0.000000001% to about 1 or 2%  having  onside kick + simul return for TD  vs  onside kick + hailmary/DPI.   or about a billionfold increase .  but yeh, only.

1 minute ago, CKSteeler said:

It was a clear audible. But there shouldn't even be a decision on that sort of play. You line up and sneak it. It's almost automatic in the NFL. It's basically a free first down.

They have cut it out of their playbook and some explanation as to why needs to be provided.

Of all the times Haley gives Ben a play without an audible and that's the time he doesn't do it.

I honestly dont care what happens to any of our coaches (except Munch), but if nothing else....get rid of Haley and Carnell Lake, and get better scouts for our LBs and DBs.

Tomlin and Butler are absolutely safe.....but its clear some changes need to be made.

I just worry that us scoring 40 will again make it seem like Haley is doing a good job when he is actually hot garbage.  

8 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

10 seconds likely doesn't win the game, but it gives you a chance. And it's a mistake we've seen made by Tomlin over and over again always with moronic explanations to justify it. He. Does. Not. Learn.

this over and over and over.  except not just with the clock

I would be very interested in Cory Undlin, Dino Vasso, or Tim Hauck if I were the Steelers.  Those are the Eagles secondary coaches who turned poop into gold in Philly with the trash they had to work with.

I would also look to being in Phillip Daniels as a DL/OLB coach.  

Archived